• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question New PC build won't boot. Fans and lights briefly spin once then computer shuts down again. Then does it over again.

Nov 18, 2019
As the title says, the new pc build won't boot. I press the power button, all the fans spi. Maybe once and the lights go on, and the other all turns off. And maybe a few seconds later it does it again. I've taken the mobo out and put it on cardboard, same thing. I have the graphics card removed now. I took the RAM out and tried each stick individually still nothing. I thought it was the CPU so I sent that back same issue, I tested the psu it works, tried a different one still happens. I'm at a loss at this point. Any help I'd appreciated.
Specs are:
MSI Z390 PRO mobo
Intel i7 9700k
x2 16gb G.skill ripjaws ddr4
Msi Radeon rx580

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your specs to your build.
List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What aftermarket cooler are you using for your build? See if loosening the rotation on each of the mounting screws for the CPU cooler changes the issue. Often times a very tight installation can prevent the system from booting.

Inspect the CPU socket for bent or broken pins.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS