New PC build

Oct 3, 2018
So I'm wanting to put my ssd from my old computer in my new computer I just built but I don't want to buy Windows 10 so I know the drivers from my old computer will affect the drivers from my new computer so I was wondering if I could install the drivers for my new computer on the ssd using the old computer then delete the old drivers and install the ssd in to the new computer and it will work ?

Ooh, you're gonna be risking a full re-install and losing your data here.

To be safe, move your files to a separate drive, wipe your drive, move it to the new PC and re-install.

Then go on Ebay, and buy a genuine Windows 10 License Key for 5$ (fully legit I do this every time, just get the ones with thousands of 5-star reviews).

Windows License Keys are linked to your motherboard.

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
I know windows 10 keys are/were linked to your mobo. I built a pc about 6 months ago. When the windows key came up, I just tried the oem key off my laptop. And very surprisingly it worked. I wasn't sure if they didn't care anymore or what. Also the laptop was originally a win 7, upgraded to 8 then 10. I never really researched why it worked. I also used the same Microsoft account as my laptop used. So kinda just assumed they were letting you use it, if you already had it.