Build Advice New PC build

Oct 6, 2020
Hi guys,

I am looking to build a new PC (first timer) and I'm asking for advice on basically compatibility and recommendations.
I have a budget of £2500 so I want a mid - high end rig. It wont be bought until the new AMD CPUs have been release and the 30 series Gcards are more available so early next year (around March I bet).

Firstly, its purely for gaming - big RTS fan, FPS etc. I am an Aorus fan and I love RGB stuff.
I currently have an Aorus FI27Q 1440p monitor so 2k gaming right now but probably will look to 4k in the future.

Below is what I have looked into:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AMD B550 AORUS ELITE AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX

CASE: PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500 DRGB

CPU: Ryzen 4th Gen or Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Eagle OC

PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W 80 PLUS GOLD FULLY MODULAR PSU POWER SUPPLY

MEMORY: HYPERX FURY RGB 32GB (2X 16GB) 3200MHZ DDR4 RAM

STORAGE: Boot Drive: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 500GB M.2

Games: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD

COOLING: AORUS LIQUID COOLER 360

What these be compatible with each other and are they worth the money? I have looked into it and from my point of view it seems right

Would there be anything else to consider?

I am definitely open to swapping parts if they come highly recommended

Thanks a lot - all advice is appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you plan to buy a system in march 2021, then prices and parts availability will vary a lot or not a little, we're still undergoing a pandemic and there's 6 months to go before your target date.

Boot drive, Samsung 970 Evo Plus but then there's the PCIe 4 version coming out soon, the 980. Memory, DDR4-3600MHz dual channel kit. The rest looks fine but your list will change in 6 months time, IMHO.

Oct 6, 2020
Thanks for the welcome :)
Yes I do expect to tweek the list about because I know 6 months is a long time for PC builds! I am in no rush to build, just wanted to see if the kit I drawn up would of been compatible.
Thanks for the info, I will look into the 980 and the higher frequency ram.