Question New PC can only post with 1 stick of 8gb Corsair DDR4 3600?

Aug 8, 2019
I recently completed a new gaming rig. I have an

ASUS ROG Crosshair viii hero X570 wifi mobo bios v1105
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
4 stick kit of 8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600 memory (CMW32GX4M4D3600C18 )
2 Corsair MP510 m.2 NVME drives (480gb boot drive and 960gb game storage)
Nvidia RTX 2080 Super GPU

I can get the system to post with 1 stick of memory installed in the A2 slot (each of the 4 sticks will post in this config)
When I install a 2nd stick in the B2 slot I get post code error 0D and cannot post to bios.

Since all 4 sticks will boot while in slot A2 does anyone know what the heck is going on? I would assume that if all 4 sticks work while in that slot they aren't bad. Could it be something wrong with the mobo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
There are 3 probable reasons for your issues:

1) Your mobo doesn't actually like that RAM for some specific reason, or at least the current BIOS version does not support it properly

2) One of the mobo slots is bad

3) One of the RAM sticks is bad, although you can still boot with it in single channel mode.

So, here are a few recommendations on what to do next:

1. Try resetting CMOS, just in case
  2. Run memtest on each and every stick you have in that one working slot, just to be 100% sure that all sticks are OK

Provided that all of them are OK, I'd then return the memory and replace it with a different model and make, preferably from the QVL list (if your memory actually IS on the QVL list, then skip this part).

As a last step, swap the mobo, due to potentially bad RAM slot.