Question New pc causes green lines on monitor

grapezz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
So my brother recently got a new prebuilt pc, and it causes his monitor to have green lines all over it. (the monitor is fine, he used it for his old computer)

I suspected this to be a driver issue, so I tried downloading newer nvidia drivers but the pc just restarts itself everytime I try to download new drivers.

The screen doesnt just turn off and on like normal driver updates, the whole computer actually restarts for some reason.

I’ve tried downloading drivers from geforce experience, I’ve tried downloading drivers directly from nvidia website, I’ve tried completely uninstalling whatever drivers are already on it and reinstalling newer drivers. I even uninstalled the drivers with DDU before trying to reinstall drivers multiple times and still no luck.

The pc either restarts during a new driver update or the screen just turns black and never turns back on until I restart the computer.

Sometimes I can make it through the driver installation process in geforce experience, and it says installation completed, but the buttons that give the option of express or custom install are still there on the drivers tab and it doesn’t let you access any other parts of the geforce experience app because “drivers are not installed.” (it says drivers not installed when you try to click on anything other than drivers)

There is also an icon on the gpu name (3070) in device manager that says the gpu is not working properly or something like that. I also can’t open nvidia control panel, it just never launches when I click it.

I must also note that after driver updates, even if the update obviously failed because of a computer crash or restart, it still says there are nvidia drivers installed in control panel, even though these drivers never actually work for whatever reason.

Is this a driver issue that can be fixed or it it possible that the computer/gpu is somehow broken? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
Try a different monitor cable and or a different port. Any adapters? If so ditch them for the correct cable w/out adapter.

May want to run a DDU uninstaller for the graphics drivers and reinstall. Make sure you read the directions for DDU and follow them.

grapezz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
Try a different monitor cable and or a different port. Any adapters? If so ditch them for the correct cable w/out adapter.

May want to run a DDU uninstaller for the graphics drivers and reinstall. Make sure you read the directions for DDU and follow them.
already tried all that just gonna return the pc for a replacement because it seems the gpu is bricked

Reactions: drivinfast247