[SOLVED] New PC - Connects to WiFi but not Ethernet

Aug 9, 2021
This is regarding a computer that is a few months old purchased from CyberPowerPC. Appeals to their customer service have received no replies...

When I first set up the computer it connected to the internet through the ethernet port with no problems. After 24 hours it totally lost the connection. I tried a different ethernet cord and it did not resolve the issue. My wife can connect her computer to this ethernet cord. If I connect to the internet through Wi-Fi I get a strong connection with no problems (I've been using it like this for some weeks now).

When I plug the ethernet cord in the port there is a solid green light and blinking orange light.

When I use Window's "Troubleshoot Problems" for "Ethernet" it runs through the diagnostics and tells me the problem has been resolved. As soon as I try to use the internet after the problem says it is "resolved" it tells me I have no internet again.

Issues found < The default gateway is not available Fixed
The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet. A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway.
Reset the "Ethernet" adapter Completed

I tried following a similar thread and saw that an "ipconfig/all" run will probably be helpful to resolve this. Here is mine.

View: https://imgur.com/a/7S5JJTw

The quickest way to diagnose this would be to confirm you don't have a hardware failure by booting a linux live cd and confirming wired Internet works there. If it doesn't work there, either the nic or something in the network failed. Just because another system can use a particular ethernet cable doesn't mean it will work for another system as all nics have different levels of sensitivity to cabling defects.

Aug 9, 2021
The quickest way to diagnose this would be to confirm you don't have a hardware failure by booting a linux live cd and confirming wired Internet works there. If it doesn't work there, either the nic or something in the network failed. Just because another system can use a particular ethernet cable doesn't mean it will work for another system as all nics have different levels of sensitivity to cabling defects.

I followed your instructions for doing this on another thread (https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ower-than-my-wifi-speed.3707136/post-22345433) and have proceeded to the point where I'm booting TENS from USB but I'm not sure how to proceed. I've attached the screenshot I see when booting from TENS. Once I'm using a live Linux OS what do I do to test the internet?

EDIT - Specifically I'm not sure which of the four options in the screenshot I'm supposed to hit to boot the OS. Then I don't know what I will see but I'm not sure how to test my connection (I've never used Linux or booted from USB).

View: https://imgur.com/a/Yx35DXz

Aug 9, 2021
The four options are

-Boot Microsoft EFI boot from EFI system partition
-Boot Trusted End Mode Security (TEMS) from TEMS-Public
-Boot TEMS Basic Video Mode from TEMS-Public
-Boot TEMS Broadcom STA from TEMS-Public

Aug 9, 2021
After trying options 2 and 3 the screen turned black. I gave it about a half our to boot but nothing ever happened. Eventually I just had to restart my computer to get back to Windows 10.

Aug 9, 2021
Sorry for the long delay. Very busy here.

When I boot with this program I am able to connect to wired internet. When I restart and boot back up with Windows 10 the wired internet no longer works.
Okay good. So there is nothing wrong with the hardware and it is some sort of windows software issue. I would start with the driver as mentioned above, especially if you never downloaded and installed the manufacturer one.