May 18, 2022
Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X
GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X
MoBo: Gigabyte X570 Elite Wifi
PSU: EVGA 850w 80 Plus Gold
Ram: 2*8 Viper Patriot RGB 3200 mhz
Cooler: Corsair H150i Ellite Capellix

Hi, recently I decided to build a new PC, so, I've been using it since saturday but it has been giving me a lot of problems like:

• sometimes when i turn it on, it doesn't shows image, all the rgb and fans start running but it doesn't shows image, i tried changing dp ports, and nothing, it gets solved when I force it to turn off, wait a few seconds and turn it on again.
  • Sometimes i'm using it to watch movies and it freezes, it doesn't let me do anything, it just freezes, no bsod, no black screen, just frozen image. I have to force it to turn off and restart again.
  • Sometimes im using it random and it goes bsod.
It has never happened when im playing videogames, just for casual use and i don't even know what could be happen.
Any sort of ideas of where to start could be aprecciated.

Solution
Specs:

Hi, recently I decided to build a new PC, so, I've been using it since saturday but it has been giving me a lot of problems like:

• sometimes when i turn it on, it doesn't shows image, all the rgb and fans start running but it doesn't shows image, i tried changing dp ports, and nothing, it gets solved when I force it to turn off, wait a few seconds and turn it on again.
  • Sometimes i'm using it to watch movies and it freezes, it doesn't let me do anything, it just freezes, no bsod, no black screen, just frozen...
Specs:

• Sometimes i'm using it to watch movies and it freezes, it doesn't let me do anything, it just freezes, no bsod, no black screen, just frozen image. I have to force it to turn off and restart again.
  • Sometimes im using it random and it goes bsod.
It has never happened when im playing videogames, just for casual use and i don't even know what could be happen.
Any sort of ideas of where to start could be aprecciated.
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 24 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), do not enable XMP yet, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, update displayid and resize bar if available, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution
May 18, 2022
Thank you for your reply man.

I did everything as you said and most of the problems have been solved, except for the black screen on boot.
It happens randomly, I turn on the PC, no boot screen shows up, fans start running and rgb turns on, but it just stay stucked there.

I'm running the latest bios update, latest CPU and GPU drivers, enabled Resize BAR, updated displayID, everything works fine except for that, I have to force it to turn off, then retry and hope to see the boot screen.
Sometimes I have to do this three or four times in order to get it on.

Thank you for your reply man.

I did everything as you said and most of the problems have been solved, except for the black screen on boot.
It happens randomly, I turn on the PC, no boot screen shows up, fans start running and rgb turns on, but it just stay stucked there.

I'm running the latest bios update, latest CPU and GPU drivers, enabled Resize BAR, updated displayID, everything works fine except for that, I have to force it to turn off, then retry and hope to see the boot screen.
Sometimes I have to do this three or four times in order to get it on.
seems like between the gpu or mobo or both. maybe you could try to unplug all storage leaving the board no storage connected and no os (completely no storage), and try to boot, if you did repeat it many times and it worked then it could be the os have some problem with initializing thegpu driver, my friend did ddu but interrupted by power out, making it wont boot the display, thingking the driver is corrupted since its not completely uninstalled, interrupted in removing the gpu driver, did DDU ing all of his gpu driver in his m.2 os storage on another pc (complete wipe), put back on his board, then boom, display, installed the latest nvidia drivee before windows update auto install, and it now worked.

I turn on the PC, no boot screen shows up
it could be the os have some problem with initializing thegpu driver
there is no OS GPU driver involved with the POST screen, motherboard manufacturer logo screens, or BIOS load menu.

any such drivers are only loaded after the OS has started up but the OP is explaining they are experiencing a black screen immediately upon power on the system.

there is no OS GPU driver involved with the POST screen, motherboard manufacturer logo screens, or BIOS load menu.

any such drivers are only loaded after the OS has started up but the OP is explaining they are experiencing a black screen immediately upon power on the system.
well based on my experience, my friend failed the ddu ing his zotac 1060 6gb (clean and restart) till complete cause of blackout, and the windows will boot, but wont init the gop driver, so booting to windows but no display somehow... im not sure why. Put his m.2 os drive to his lil bro a320 mobo, DDUed the Nvidia driver completely, and put it back to his B560M Pro Vdh Wifi, it worked, display output.