[SOLVED] New PC Ethernet Not Found

bunny.hari11

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
Yesterday I bought new PC of Ryzen 3200G , MSI A320M A pro MAX build.
After installing Windows 10 , I noticed that there is no LAN info/icon after opening Change Adapter Options. That's seems pretty weird.

I checked Device manager -Network adapters and I don't see any motherboard Realtek ethernet and only have some default WAN miniports and Microsoft kernal network.
And all drivers are installed and I don't see any Yellow/Red Mark.

I tried connecting my internet WAN ethernet wire directly to the PC instead through Router, still it didnt recognized.

I tried removing RAM, set Bios to default and updated to Newer Bios ,still no luck.

Installed Drivers and it shows Network controllee not found . Enable of deep sleep , something like that.
I set power to Max performance.

I tried Ping 127.0.0.1 and it replied back. Which means Motherboard LAN is ok right?

What is this issue, any solution ?
Bought the New PC but unable to connect..

Help me. Need solution.

Solution
Can you try doing this?
It's weird but its working for me.

Turn OFF your PC, Turn it back on
Go to the BIOS
Turn off the ethernet adapter
Save and restart
Go to the BIOS again
Turn it back on
Save and restart and boot into Windows.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I think what scout is trying to say is that Windows didn't auto recognize the adapter and install default drivers for it, and so you have to install the specific one's for it that you can download from the support page of your specific motherboard.

Here is a link to the support page, just expand the list under LAN by clicking the plus icon next to it and download the drivers and install them.

Seeing as how you can't access internet most likely with this system, use another computer with a flash drive to download and move the installer over to this system.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A320M-A-PRO#down-driver&Win10 64

bunny.hari11

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
I think what scout is trying to say is that Windows didn't auto recognize the adapter and install default drivers for it, and so you have to install the specific one's for it that you can download from the support page of your specific motherboard.

Here is a link to the support page, just expand the list under LAN by clicking the plus icon next to it and download the drivers and install them.

Seeing as how you can't access internet most likely with this system, use another computer with a flash drive to download and move the installer over to this system.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A320M-A-PRO#down-driver&Win10 64

I already did that. Can't install drivers. Shows error message Network not found.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Oh. Now that is something entirely different.
That is the LAN hardware on your motherboard seemingly not being recognized as existing at all.
There are a couple of things you can do to troubleshoot this.

Go into the BIOS and see if you have an option to disable the adapter, and if so, see if it's disabled and enable it.
Otherwise, you might try just creating a fresh installer using a flash drive and using the Windows Media Creation Tool, and then doing a clean install of Windows.

If neither of these things work, then next option is to perform a CMOS reset, then create a Live USB of Linux and boot into it and see if you can get the adapter to be recognized that way.

If that doesn't work then it's entirely possible the LAN adapter on your motherboard is dead at which point you can consider using an add in card that uses PCIe or a USB to LAN adapter (PCIe is preferable)

bunny.hari11

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
Oh. Now that is something entirely different.
That is the LAN hardware on your motherboard seemingly not being recognized as existing at all.
There are a couple of things you can do to troubleshoot this.

Go into the BIOS and see if you have an option to disable the adapter, and if so, see if it's disabled and enable it.
Otherwise, you might try just creating a fresh installer using a flash drive and using the Windows Media Creation Tool, and then doing a clean install of Windows.

If neither of these things work, then next option is to perform a CMOS reset, then create a Live USB of Linux and boot into it and see if you can get the adapter to be recognized that way.

If that doesn't work then it's entirely possible the LAN adapter on your motherboard is dead at which point you can consider using an add in card that uses PCIe or a USB to LAN adapter (PCIe is preferable)

I did disable and enable network LAN in bios. And I also did 3 time fresh windows installation.
I don't do the the CMOS reset though.
It's a Brand new Motherboard.
I never faced issues with gigabyte and asus earlier. First time I chose MSI and this.

I did the Ping test with 127.0.0.1 and I got reply. A video shows doing above ping is to check self Ethernet connection. That means it is working right?

bunny.hari11

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
does the device show up as a hardware device in network settings in Control Panel, or in Device Manager?

No. There is nothing showing as Realtek Gigabyte LAN or similar ethernet.
Only showing WAN miniport and Microsoft Kernal debug and all have updated drivers.

That is my concern. Can't see Ethernet in Device Manager.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
It's possible then that the LAN adapter on your board is bad.
If it's brand new, and you can still do a return to swap it for another one I would do that.

If you've passed the time frame in which you can do a return/swap, then contact the board manufacturer to use warranty and RMA it.

bunny.hari11

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
It's possible then that the LAN adapter on your board is bad.
If it's brand new, and you can still do a return to swap it for another one I would do that.

If you've passed the time frame in which you can do a return/swap, then contact the board manufacturer to use warranty and RMA it.

What about the pinging 127.0.0.1 replying fine..

Tend to agree with QwerkyPengwen. Looks like integrated network adapter is bad.
Install PCIE network adapter.

81xhxQ7qCbL._AC_SX466_.jpg

bunny.hari11

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
Not like you have to live with the broken product. Like I said, can either get a refund, or get it replaced depending on how long the return window is and the warranty.

Yes. But the service process takes like a month here. Everything is far from my home to reach also.. It still many years of warranty so I'll check that later..

MishalM

Reputable
Apr 13, 2017
Can you try doing this?
It's weird but its working for me.

Turn OFF your PC, Turn it back on
Go to the BIOS
Turn off the ethernet adapter
Save and restart
Go to the BIOS again
Turn it back on
Save and restart and boot into Windows.