New PC for gaming and school work

fowlgb

Commendable
Aug 12, 2017
So in the next one to two weeks i am going to buy a PC. I found a PC(because in my country the gpus are out of stock and they are still expensive so i went with a prebuild one).The computer is mainly for gaming but i will do school work too. I just want to ask if the PC is good for the two things.Here are the parts:
1. AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2ghz
2. Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
3. ASrock A320M-DGS
4. 16 GB DDR4 2400mhz
5. 1TB HD + 2 more tb from my last PC
6. 120GB ssd
7. Windows 10 home 64bit
8. 500W power supply
And BTW i don't want to overclock neither the cpu and neither the gpu

fowlgb

Commendable
Aug 12, 2017
See first off all my budget is 1250 euros. Next i have to buy a prebuild one because right now i can't build it myself. The site i am buying it from doesn't have a pc with 1600X cuz my country is shit cuz they release something new after its been already 1 and half years. So yea

which country? Building one is not that hard, even a elementary student with a screw driver can do it :)

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you are doing prebuilt, I think the "A" chipset is a smart way to go. If you went "B" (or more) the moment you OC your warranty is done. In a case like this, you want to leave well enough alone until after that period elapses.
That build should rock for what you want to do. The R3/5 variants actually single thread slightly better than the R7 variants (in general), and with up to 12 threads available will do anything you need to.

No, overclocking does not void warranty.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

I think you better read something. AMD themselves put a disclaimer in the "Master" program expressly telling you so.

fowlgb

Commendable
Aug 12, 2017
I am going to play games but not like with the highest options. I don't play with any of those effects like god rays bloom etc. I don't play with v-sync. I don't play with shadows and some other stuff. Yes i want good graphics but my point is to basically play the games i won't. I have like 4 games that sit in my steam/ubisoft library waiting to be play cuz my gpu now is too slow

How do they tell if you overclocked or not?

my friend, i'm sorry to disappoint you, but this build t's going to handle all your aaa title at high settings above 60 fps. 1080p :)

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Lol, understand...there are a lot of "computer racecar drivers" around here that will mention about how such and such is junk if you didn't purchase the absolute best thing on the market, at that moment.
For 1080p, standard surfing, and with the parts you have selected you will have awesome performance. Keep in mind that games themselves have overall plateaued a bit. The requirements for almost every game out there is decently behind the curve of where "builds" are...keeping in mind that even between several generations there is only around a 30 "ish" percent difference in performance in similar chips. That is right on the threshold of most people's ability to even notice.

As developers continue to work on games using more cores/threads you should see an "uptick" (as it were) in your gaming response with a chip high in thread count. Your single thread performance is less than "comparable" Intel chips, but the real question would be will you feel it. My thoughts on that are:

If you are "upgrading" from a 3/4tth gen "i" series Intel, you probably won't notice a difference. Anything older, or an FX, you will definitely be able to tell. Anything newer, and you should likely wait a while or step up more.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I might suggest to take this is "stages" then, unless you are just really hot to upgrade right now.

GPU and RAM are terribly overpriced right now. Even the build sites are telling folks to recommend selecting pre built options, particularly if you want a GPU. With that new video card you will see a nice uptick in the settings for games. On the desktop, and assuming an otherwise similar setup (like an SSD) on your current build, you probably won't see much change.

fowlgb

Commendable
Aug 12, 2017
first i don't have ssd on my current system. second this is why i am getting a pre built one. And yes i really want a computer for the last 3-4years i have been suffering to play games. I was scared all the time cuz if i tab out of a game my pc would just crash or it will display a black screen

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
With the SSD alone, you are going to see very nice results in your desktop experience.

I always liked those 750ti, very capable and small card for Mid settings at 1080, and superb cards for 720....lol, that 1070 is going to be a whole new ballpark.

I say go for it if you are in budget. The new build will be super fun, and AMD is saying there will be support for this socket moving forward for a few years. (we will see)