Question New PC - fps issues

Jun 1, 2020
Hello Tom's hardware board;

your site has been reccomended to me by a friend. I'm completely unknowledgable when it comes to hardware. I mean, I can tell components inside apart, but that's about it.
A few weeks back I decided to get a new PC, after 8 years, and decided to spend a little more to have one that holds up for at best that long. I got a little counseling on the matter and ordered it, it arrived on Saturday,

My issue with it is that performance in games seems to be rather low. I can't get Assassin's Creed Odyssey over 50fps, Jedi: Fallen Order over 40, and Anno 1800 creeps around 20fps. The game's benchmark gets the entire system to freeze for 20 seconds after it concludes... I'm a bit flustered, since that seems really low for what I think is a rather high-end PC... I've maxed out all settings.

I've also already tried to disable V-synch, DSR, Thread-optimizing, and set power to max performance in the nVidia control panel. I've set windows to performance in regards of power supply. I've not touched bios in any way.

I've reinstalled all drivers (with uninstalling the old ones), and I've run CPU-Z for a benchmark, but all those numbers mean very little to me.

The result of the benchmark is here, it also has all my speccs: Bench Power supply is 650 Watts, which was reccomended to me, I really hope it's not that... allthough that could be remidied easily.

If someone could point me as to where to look or what to look for I'd be incredibly grateful, it'd be difficult for me to get the PC to the store that sold it to me due to the entire Corona-situation. Of course, if that's what it takes, I'll do that. But I was hoping to be able to fix the issue myself.