[SOLVED] New PC Issues (AMD 5600X + peripherals)

Dec 25, 2020
Hi guys,

I just got a new Pre-built PC and am seeing some pretty weird behavior.

1. My CPU ( AMD 5600X with stock cooler) temperatures are around 48-60 while idle. While gaming the temps shoot up to 85C - 90C and have even seen 95C (Tried Hitman 2, Cyberpunk 2077, and Outer Worlds so far). Cinebench R23 gives me a score of around 9800 which is far short of the typical score of around 11k. Is this temp and benchmarking normal? (I have attached the info about fans and other hardware down below.)

2. I see some weird stuff going on with my peripherals. My Corsair K55 Gaming Keyboards for some reason stops working within some time of booting up with the RGB colors changing to white from pulsating RGB. My Wi-Fi adapter even though connected and detected by the system seems to not able to get any internet speed at all. I have tried out these devices on other PCs and they work flawlessly on them. So far, I have reinstalled windows twice to see if there are any driver issues but no luck. Any idea what is causing this?

My specs are as follows :
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
CPU Cooler: AMD Stock Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk Max
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600MHz * 2 sticks = 32 GB
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio 8 GB
SSD: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO m.2 SSD
HDD: 1 TB WD Blue SATA HDD 7200 RPM
Power Supply: Corsair RM750
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
Case Fans: Deepcool CF120 Plus * 6 fans (3 fans intake at top and 3 exhaust at right)
Operating System: 30 Days Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Trial
Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
WIFI Adapter: TP Link N150 Nano USB

Solution
Go into the BIOS to check idle temps.
Which app are you using to track temps? use either HWMonitor or Ryzen Master to check temps.
Make sure to have the latest BIOS from Motherboard manufacturer website and B550 Chipset drivers from AMD website.
Go into the BIOS to check idle temps.
Which app are you using to track temps? use either HWMonitor or Ryzen Master to check temps.
Make sure to have the latest BIOS from Motherboard manufacturer website and B550 Chipset drivers from AMD website.

Solution