Question NEW PC ISSUES

May 1, 2024
Specs:
CPU - 7800x3D
AIO - LT720S ZERO DARK
RAM - TEAMGROUP 7600mhz RAM (running at stock 5400mhz)
GPU - MSI 2080 OC
PSU - CORSAIR RM850x
MOBO - ASROCK B650M-HDV/M.2 (latest non beta version 2.10)

So I recently upgraded my Pc like a day ago and I've been having this weird issue.. I was able to boot into a fresh/clean/new windows 11 install from my usb but then after 25minutes or so I got a blackscreen and the radiator and gpu fans started running at max speed then slow down for a couple seconds then back at max speed (something weird I noticed is that the video I was watching kept running in the back even tho the screen was black) before that happened I checked the cpu temps gpu temps and Hotspot temps and it was all around the 40c so I doubt is a cooling issue.

Now when I turn my pc back on I get this blackscreen right after pressing space to type the pin for the windows 11 account, I've tried another new install but same thing happens after 20 mins or so I get a instablackscreen and fans go full speed, I've tried safe mode and I don't get the issue there so I don't know what's causing it. If someone knows how to fix this issue maybe it's a bios setting or something plz help

Things I've tried
Reseating gpu, reseating ram , only 1 stick of ram, reseating aio, reseating cpu, clearing cmos, custom os, new latest windows install (22631.3527),
(Also I had to make another profile with admin perms to boot into safe mode cause I cant even go through the "enter pin" screen)
*Also everything stock*

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you install the chipset drivers and any others from the motherboard website?
Are you updating Nvidia drivers?
if its 20 minutes after a restart, windows likely updating drivers.

May 1, 2024
Do you install the chipset drivers and any others from the motherboard website?
Are you updating Nvidia drivers?
if its 20 minutes after a restart, windows likely updating drivers.
No I haven't tried installing the chipset drivers I only updated the mobo bios (Im going to fresh install again and try that)
Yes I have the latest nvidia drivers

*edit* I just installed the chipset drivers and I'm still getting the same issue 15-20 min after installing windows pc screen goes black and fans go full speed with the latest chipset drivers

View: https://imgur.com/a/VT4vfJi

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
Chipset drivers you will want to get from AMD. I would suspect it is a ram compatibility issue. That is really too fast of ram, for an AMD rig, and there isn't any ram, with that speed, on their QVL listing. I would return said ram, and get a DDR5 6000 CL30 kit, that is EXPO certified. Something like G-skill flare X, or Trident Z Neo

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B650M-HDVM.2/index.asp#MemoryRAP

Last edited:
May 1, 2024
Get all of the drivers for your motherboard here. You also need to get the latest Nvidia driver from here and install it. If you suspect there are GPU driver issues use DDU to remove the old/current driver to reinstall the latest driver from
Yes I have the latest nvidia drivers 552.22
Update: turning off fast boot in bios fixed the windows crashing I can now get on windows without crashing. But now when I press play on any youtube video it happens again (screen turns black fans full speed) at least I can get back into windows
View: https://imgur.com/a/IBkTXGd

Yes I have the latest nvidia drivers 552.22
Update: turning off fast boot in bios fixed the windows crashing I can now get on windows without crashing. But now when I press play on any youtube video it happens again (screen turns black fans full speed) at least I can get back into windows
View: https://imgur.com/a/IBkTXGd
Seems like either a hardware or driver issue with the graphics card. Download the standalone Nvidia driver and use DDU to get rid of the old driver to install the newest one. This will at least let us know your graphics driver is good.

May 1, 2024
Seems like either a hardware or driver issue with the graphics card. Download the standalone Nvidia driver and use DDU to get rid of the old driver to install the newest one. This will at least let us know your graphics driver is good.
I installed DDU got rid of the "old" driver installed a new one and it still happens but Im starting to change/reseat things up and what I noticed is that when I clear CMOS anything I put in the first time I go to the bios will stay and it will boot normally but when I go to the bios again and change literally anything I will start crashing on the windows startup screen so Im starting to think its the motherboard or the bios version

May 1, 2024
It's not a 100% guarantee, but every time I've come across a black screen/max fans it's power related. I'd suggest pulling the video card and seeing if the problem still happens booting off of the IGP.
You wont believe it, I booted from the igpu 5 times retarted changed bios settings and no crashes I guess the issue is the GPU thanks! But now how can I fix it? so far I've tried Reseating the gpu reseating the pcie cables and I'm currently trying to use another pcie cable that came with the power supply just to make sure there's nothing wrong with that

You wont believe it, I booted from the igpu 5 times retarted changed bios settings and no crashes I guess the issue is the GPU thanks! But now how can I fix it? so far I've tried Reseating the gpu reseating the pcie cables and I'm currently trying to use another pcie cable that came with the power supply just to make sure there's nothing wrong with that
The implication is that the graphics card is toast. I would try and slot it into another PC before I come to that conclusion though. It is very probably a dead card though. That was going to be my next suggestion if DDU did not fix your issue.

If none of that does the trick there's really only two straightforward things that you can try:
  1. a different power supply
  2. taking apart the video card and replace paste/thermal pads

May 1, 2024
The implication is that the graphics card is toast. I would try and slot it into another PC before I come to that conclusion though. It is very probably a dead card though. That was going to be my next suggestion if DDU did not fix your issue.
Ok I'm gonna try that also keep in mind that the gpu was working perfectly fine like 4-5 days ago, only when I switched to the new pc I started getting this problem, also some other thing I noticed the pc seems to boot fine when the nvidia drivers are not installed (turned off the igpu on the bios to make sure it boots from the gpu) maybe it's a driver issue?
*Currently using DDU to uninstall the latest driver and install a older one to see if that solves it

Reactions: helper800
May 1, 2024
The problem still happens on olders drivers :/ it works fine until I restart the computer and then I have to clear cmos and uninstall the driver with ddu through the igpu also tried installing the driver through nvcleanstall and the official nvidia page and I get the issue on both drivers

Reactions: helper800
May 1, 2024
So since everything is pointing out to be a GPU issue I downloaded MSI afterburner GPU-Z and Firestrike to run a quick benchmark and test the temps and voltages but it will just freeze and GPU fans go full speed when loading the Firestrike and the small GPU-Z benchmark no artifacts or anything like that heres a picture
View: https://imgur.com/a/rDfjUpa

View: https://imgur.com/a/3ykv1nt

is the gpu dead?

So since everything is pointing out to be a GPU issue I downloaded MSI afterburner GPU-Z and Firestrike to run a quick benchmark and test the temps and voltages but it will just freeze and GPU fans go full speed when loading the Firestrike and the small GPU-Z benchmark no artifacts or anything like that heres a picture
View: https://imgur.com/a/rDfjUpa

View: https://imgur.com/a/3ykv1nt

is the gpu dead?
It seems like you are overclocking the GPU core and giving it more power than stock. That can cause all of these issues. is the second photo MSI afterburner shows +100 (%) core voltage ant 111% power of the power limit available. Technically allowing a higher power limit and voltage alone is considered a manual over clock. What I find odd though is the temp, voltage, and other readouts for the graphics card as impossible. Like how the HWinfo is showing 0C* gpu core temp at the time and that it only got to 34.2C* since you opened the program. Some weird stuff going on for sure...

May 1, 2024
It seems like you are overclocking the GPU core and giving it more power than stock. That can cause all of these issues. is the second photo MSI afterburner shows +100 (%) core voltage ant 111% power of the power limit available. Technically allowing a higher power limit and voltage alone is considered a manual over clock. What I find odd though is the temp, voltage, and other readouts for the graphics card as impossible. Like how the HWinfo is showing 0C* gpu core temp at the time and that it only got to 34.2C* since you opened the program. Some weird stuff going on for sure...
tried oc, on stock and undervolted it crashes on all 3 it shows this on the event viewer View: https://imgur.com/a/KChpHM1
... also when I go and turn off the pc after the gpu crash I get a BSOD but I cant tell what it says because it looks corrupted, at this point I just wanna make sure its dead so I can just fix it by getting a new one.

tried oc, on stock and undervolted it crashes on all 3 it shows this on the event viewer View: https://imgur.com/a/KChpHM1
... also when I go and turn off the pc after the gpu crash I get a BSOD but I cant tell what it says because it looks corrupted, at this point I just wanna make sure its dead so I can just fix it by getting a new one.
The graphics card is probably on its way out. Get a new graphics card and put the old one in another PC to see if it has the same issues there.

Below are your relavant Nvidia options that are worth gettin:
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=565,566,567,539&sort=price

If you are on more of a budget AMD has more options at every price point, particularly on the lower cost side of the spectrum. The 6800 is about 390 right now and performs about as well as a 4070 non-super/ti.

Last edited:
Reactions: meow78