[SOLVED] New pc keeps crashing

Nov 3, 2019
Every time I play any game it crashes to the desktop and it started happening as soon as I built my pc I also switched my graphics card from a 1050 to 1650, but it didn't change anything, and I have all the latest drivers. My GPU goes up to 100% use then crashes then goes back to 0%. On destiny 2 I got an error called broccoli. It also might be a heat related issue because I have no thermal paste on my CPU but maybe not I have a
Ryzen 2400g
16gb of ddr4 ram
MSI GeForce gtx 1650
and the corsair h60 for cooling my CPU
I really need help

Last edited:
Solution
I only use any of the ones I mentioned, but as you only need a slightly large pea sized blob, on in a small tube works fine.

https://www.newegg.com/p/13C-003E-00004

You can Google directions on cleaning and replacement, but basically all you'll need is the paste, some 90% or better isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol, but not the witch hazel kind) from any pharmacy and coffee filters or lint-free microfiber type cloths. Barely dampen the cloth/filter, NO drippage! Scrub pump and cpu till clean, allow to dry, little dab of paste center of cpu, put pump head back on using an X pattern repeated to slowly tighten the screws.
Every time I play any game it crashes to the desktop and it started happening as soon as I built my pc I also switched my graphics card from a 1050 to 1650, but it didn't change anything, and I have all the latest drivers. My GPU goes up to 100% use then crashes then goes back to 0%. On destiny 2 I got an error called broccoli. It also might be a heat related issue because I have no thermal paste on my CPU but maybe not I have a
Ryzen 2400g
16gb of ddr4 ram
MSI GeForce gtx 1650
I really need help
There you go, "no thermal paste", overheating for sure.

Reactions: lwiddico

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Ryzen 2400g
16gb of ddr4 ram
MSI GeForce gtx 1650
I really need help
Broooo why no Thermalpaste? Thats like driving a car without oil! After a while it just doesnt work anymore... I would instantly get some thermal compound.

Reactions: lwiddico

Mehda

Commendable
Aug 11, 2019
Amazing that you didn't kill your CPU like that. Running without thermal paste is possibly one of the worst things you can do to a CPU, especially if you're using a stock cooler. Do not power on that computer until you get some thermal paste to apply to that processor.

Nov 3, 2019
Amazing that you didn't kill your CPU like that. Running without thermal paste is possibly one of the worst things you can do to a CPU, especially if you're using a stock cooler. Do not power on that computer until you get some thermal paste to apply to that processor.
I don't use a stock cooler but your probably right I'm gonna order some right now. Is there a specific brand of thermal paste I should buy?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Noctua, gelid GC extreme, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (NOT Conductonaut!), Arctic MX-4.

The Corsair H60 has pre-applied paste from the factory, so upon install, just remove the safety sticker, and put it on the cpu. Would there be a reason why there's no longer any paste between the pump and cpu? And for what insane reason it was removed and not replaced?

Ryzen 2400g
16gb of ddr4 ram
MSI GeForce gtx 1650
I really need help

Never do this again lol. You could have killed your cpu. Arctic MX4 is a good paste.

Nov 3, 2019
Noctua, gelid GC extreme, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (NOT Conductonaut!), Arctic MX-4.

The Corsair H60 has pre-applied paste from the factory, so upon install, just remove the safety sticker, and put it on the cpu. Would there be a reason why there's no longer any paste between the pump and cpu? And for what insane reason it was removed and not replaced?
So when I first tried to put the cooler on. I did it wrong and I got the thermal paste on the CPU already so when I eventually got it on it was already dried up. also is there another thermal paste i can buy up to $25

So when I first tried to put the cooler on. I did it wrong and I got the thermal paste on the CPU already so when I eventually got it on it was already dried up. also is there another thermal paste i can buy up to $25

theres no point to spend 25$ on paste. I mean you can but something like Arctic MX4 will be perfect and its only like 8$. Usually prices get higher when you buy larger quantities of a certain paste.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I only use any of the ones I mentioned, but as you only need a slightly large pea sized blob, on in a small tube works fine.

https://www.newegg.com/p/13C-003E-00004

You can Google directions on cleaning and replacement, but basically all you'll need is the paste, some 90% or better isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol, but not the witch hazel kind) from any pharmacy and coffee filters or lint-free microfiber type cloths. Barely dampen the cloth/filter, NO drippage! Scrub pump and cpu till clean, allow to dry, little dab of paste center of cpu, put pump head back on using an X pattern repeated to slowly tighten the screws.

Last edited:
Solution