Question New PC keeps rebooting while playing games

Jul 4, 2024
Hey, I upgraded my old PC about a week ago (practically replaced everything anyways) and I've been experiencing random crashes while playing games. For some reason, it takes an hour or so to reboot when playing the witcher 3 and about 2 minutes when playing valorant, not sure if this helps. This is what I've done so far.

Im not sure when this problem started occurring as the first time I thought it was a coincidence, but it COULD be after I tinkered a bit with the bios to get valorant to start working. Im not sure if the problems started after I did this but it could be a possibility, I think I fucked around with the secure boot and TPM settings a bit

1. Monitored temps under load (temps were all well under max temps)
  2. updated drivers
  3. swapped out PSU for a better one
  4. Ran the windows memory diagnostics tool (no errors)
  5. Unplugged all hardware and reconnected all cables from scratch
  6. Updated windows
  7. disabled xmp
  8. disabled fast boot
  9. Ran a CPU stress test to see if CPU was failing on me
The only thing I haven't done which I think could possibly solve this problem is update the bios, which was coming up with a 'bios id check error', even though I'm sure I downloaded the correct bios update from the website, and formatted the USB correctly. I know the problem isn't my HDD because that was my storage on my old PC, but my SSD is new and the OS is installed on it could be the issue potentially.

Specs -

GPU - Gigabyte RTX 4070

CPU - Ryzen 5 7600

RAM - Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR5 6000MHz Memory

PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 750W 80+ Gold

MOBO - B650M GAMING WIFI

SSD - Crucial P3 Plus 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Drive 500gb

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Any help would be highly appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS