[SOLVED] New pc need help about power supply

nabajoli

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
Hello guys this is the pc im making atm
Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GWmsZZ

When im making this pc im worrying about my ps as the site said :
  • Note:The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair VS 650 W ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

• Do i get any problems if i dont change my psu? Thanks for answers :)

Solution
Hey i already bought all components like cpu 6 months ago psu also but do i really change that psu thats what im thinking

With a 3070 definitely... you're basically pairing a mid-high end system with the lowest quality PSU from Corsair's line-up.
Corsair VS units are suitable for low end/office systems. Definitely not for the build you've got listed there.

EDIT:
#1. Now I realized that it's the orange label VS650... that's the old model and is even worse. You need to change that to a great quality model ASAP. Wouldn't be pretty if that $500 (or more) RTX 3070 would be taken out by a dirt cheap PSU.
#2. They're probably referring to the additional 4pin CPU EPS connector (8+4 pin in total) on the motherboard. That...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Get a Ryzen 3700X and use the leftover money to get a better quality psu. Tiers 1+2 in the next list are good choices.
You can also save on the case although i understand you like this one.

You know that AMD is coming out with newer cpu's? And that won't take that long. Don't know if you have the opportunity to wait .... Just mentioning it.

Reactions: nabajoli
Hey i already bought all components like cpu 6 months ago psu also but do i really change that psu thats what im thinking

With a 3070 definitely... you're basically pairing a mid-high end system with the lowest quality PSU from Corsair's line-up.
Corsair VS units are suitable for low end/office systems. Definitely not for the build you've got listed there.

EDIT:
#1. Now I realized that it's the orange label VS650... that's the old model and is even worse. You need to change that to a great quality model ASAP. Wouldn't be pretty if that $500 (or more) RTX 3070 would be taken out by a dirt cheap PSU.
#2. They're probably referring to the additional 4pin CPU EPS connector (8+4 pin in total) on the motherboard. That represents the least of your problems as it's not required to be plugged... the 8 pin will be sufficient for your CPU, even overclocked. The additional 4 pin is usually used for extreme overclocking.

Last edited:
Solution