Question New PC (no gpu) / Turns on then turns off for a split second in a loop [SOLVED]

Aug 8, 2023

Okay, turns out it was my PSU.

PC turns on for about 10 seconds then shuts off no display, monitor is plugged into the motherboard​
- i7 8700k
- No GPU
- B365M DS3H MOBO
- 2 x 16gb ram
- SEGOTEP 1250w psu
- some cpu cooler
-sandisk ssd

- It's not the ram
- the PSU I'm not sure but it works with the paper clip test
- CPU is fine for all I know
- CPU cooler works just fine
- First motherboard wouldn't turn on anymore so I switched it out with a B360M
- SSD is disconnected

UPDATE: Changed motherboard, it kind of turns on now but turns off for a split second
IMG_2348.jpg

Last edited:
What is the history of these parts? You say it's a new PC, but the motherboard and CPU are from a few years ago and I'm not sure about the rest, so is it only a new build for you or have the parts never been used before?

You say you think the CPU cooler is the issue, it looks like the RAM is very close to it, is it making contract? If it is, remove the 1 stick and see if it will boot...actually, even if the stick isn't touching, try removing 1 stick and see if it will boot.

Aug 8, 2023
What is the history of these parts? You say it's a new PC, but the motherboard and CPU are from a few years ago and I'm not sure about the rest, so is it only a new build for you or have the parts never been used before?

You say you think the CPU cooler is the issue, it looks like the RAM is very close to it, is it making contract? If it is, remove the 1 stick and see if it will boot...actually, even if the stick isn't touching, try removing 1 stick and see if it will boot.
Just parts I haven't used, it's not the ram I tried doing 1 stick even with a different ram stick, not the psu either did a pin test and it ran just fine, I unplugged everything and re-plugged it and now it doesn't even turn on the fans just turn on for like a second and turn off with no led

Just parts I haven't used, it's not the ram I tried doing 1 stick even with a different ram stick, not the psu either did a pin test and it ran just fine, I unplugged everything and re-plugged it and now it doesn't even turn on the fans just turn on for like a second and turn off with no led
Sounds more like a BIOS issue not allowing it to even post. Try clearing the CMOS...not sure if that board has pins for it or weather you need to remove the battery for 10 minutes. As Gigabyte has dual BIOS, it should switch to the backup default BIOS on startup.

Aug 8, 2023
Sounds more like a BIOS issue not allowing it to even post. Try clearing the CMOS...not sure if that board has pins for it or weather you need to remove the battery for 10 minutes. As Gigabyte has dual BIOS, it should switch to the backup default BIOS on startup.
I changed the motherboard and it turns on but turns off for a split second then turns on again