New PC not detecting audio devices

Sep 24, 2018
I built a new pc about a week ago and it was working fine until 2days back when my HDD started crashing my pc whenever I tried to access any files in it. Turns out since it was an old HDD it died out. so I removed the HDD from my pc and now my audio is not working. My monitor has speakers which is the only thing working now. I tried connecting my headphones to the IO on the motherboard and it didn't even detect it, I tried connecting it to the front panel and got the same problem.

Update: I even reset my pc by reinstalling windows and still have the same problem

Sep 24, 2018

how do you look for those? sorry im new to pc's

Ralston18

Titan
First try running the Windows 10 troubleshooters.

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner ---> Troubleshoot sound problems.

Another option/way is by typing "troubleshoot" into the "Type here to search box"

Device Manager / Audio inputs and outputs.

Expand by clicking the ">" symbol to the left of the speaker icon.

Right click the various devices listed.

Another window will open allowing you access to updating the drivers, disable, uninstall, scan for hardware changes, and Properties for that device.

Explore

Sep 24, 2018

i did all those and even reinstalled windows but still didnt work.Even in the bios the motherboard isnt detecting any audio device connected to it.