[SOLVED] New pc problems (wont display or show signs of post)

Jan 5, 2021
My friend ordered a new computer(pre-built) without the gpu to save some $.
16gb xpg gammix 3200mhz ram.
cpu ryzen 5 3600. (stock cooler)
motherboard- asus tuf b450 plus
psu: cooler master 700w.
m.2 ssd(500gb nvme) with windows pre-installed in it right out the shop in this bundle.

The problem is, we tried to add his gtx 1050(no external power required) to it that works just fine, but we get no video. tried different monitors, cables. Then we noticed that Pc turns on, fans spin(all the fans to be exact, gpu, chasis, cpu), rgbs are lit, but it goes nowhere. even keyboard and mouse don't light up.
We know that the outside parts and the gpu are completely fine because they worked just hours before on his older system.
Checked if all the parts are in their places correctly, pushed all the way and so on, re-plugged the power cables. No changes.
Then we thought maybe something died inside during shipping. Started playing around with changing ram slots and trying to boot with just one stick in different slots, didn't change a thing.
Unplugged CMOS, didnt help. Tried to flush the power and repeat the things we did before, nothing's changed. Came up with the idea that maybe some "safe boot" triggered USBs was preventing us from loading up so we disconnected every peripheral and left only GPU plugged to the monitor, but that didnt help.
Tried to plug a USB stick with a windows install on it, leave the pc on for a bit if there is something happening that we cant see, but nothing popped up. Tried to restart the computer multiple times to initiate a safe boot option or something, nothing appears on the screen anyway.
Speaker wasn't shipped with the pc so we cant hear if some error code happens.

Was PC just killed during shipping?
Any thoughts?

Solution
This is going to be tough and am surprised that the prebuilder would have sent a computer in a non working form.
For instance, in order for them to make sure it was working they would have had to load in a GPU of SOME type OR they sent out a computer that they cannot confirm is operational. Your further messing around inside it with parts they didn't install could readily complicate warranty matters.

I would stop, contact their customer service and see if there is some suggested game plan that won't ruin coverage if it hasn't already been.
Jan 5, 2021
You can plug in the GPU without plugging the monitor to the GPU. Do you know what your friend did?
Yes, since he is green with tech, i was guiding him through a video call. Made sure that he plugged the hdmi cable to the gpu and the monitor, asked him to check if the cable is all the way in on both sides too.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is going to be tough and am surprised that the prebuilder would have sent a computer in a non working form.
For instance, in order for them to make sure it was working they would have had to load in a GPU of SOME type OR they sent out a computer that they cannot confirm is operational. Your further messing around inside it with parts they didn't install could readily complicate warranty matters.

I would stop, contact their customer service and see if there is some suggested game plan that won't ruin coverage if it hasn't already been.

Solution
Jan 5, 2021

Thank you for the heads up on that. He has contacted the seller explaining the situation and we are currently waiting for the answer. Tried to troubleshoot how we can since they didnt answer for a really long time and it would be a problem to ship it back for them to check.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thank you for the heads up on that. He has contacted the seller explaining the situation and we are currently waiting for the answer. Tried to troubleshoot how we can since they didnt answer for a really long time and it would be a problem to ship it back for them to check.

Considering the cost just to ship it back, and obviously according to the reply, I would consider seeing if they have a "trusted agent" repair center nearby that you can take it to to have checked in regard to possible DOA items.
In my own case, some years ago, I had purchased a machine that BestBuy/Geek Squad were the authorized repair techs for and only had to take it to them.