[SOLVED] New pc restarting few times before booting.

irsssonnn

Prominent
Oct 9, 2021
I built my first ever pc yesterday and i did everything according to the videos i watched from youtube and the forums that i read but when i powered on the pc the fans spins and then stops and then again spins. This happens about 2 times and then finally it boots. I can still use the computer itself.
I just want to figure out what is going on. I tried to update to latest bios but it didn't fix the issue. I searched on google and some people said that it might be loose ram stick or memory timings but i am not sure how exactly i could configure them. (I have the xmp profile 1 enabled a d memory clock is 4000MHz)

pc build info:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 5600g
Ssd: 970 Evo plus 500gb
Ram: gskill 2x8gb 4400 MHz cl18
Motherboard: b550m ds3h ac
Psu: rm550x

Solution
Double check all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers.

Ensure, by sight and feel, that all are fully and firmly in place.

No one wants to force a new build connection so what appears to be properly connected is truly not.

However, heat/expansion may tighten up some marginal connection and thus the system boots.

Are you able to access BIOS? If so, set the POST process to be as verbose as possible. That means that during POST the BIOS displays what it is doing (or trying to do) and the results thereof.

What is displayed may prove helpful.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers.

Ensure, by sight and feel, that all are fully and firmly in place.

No one wants to force a new build connection so what appears to be properly connected is truly not.

However, heat/expansion may tighten up some marginal connection and thus the system boots.

Are you able to access BIOS? If so, set the POST process to be as verbose as possible. That means that during POST the BIOS displays what it is doing (or trying to do) and the results thereof.

What is displayed may prove helpful.

Solution