Question New PC Turns On for a Split Second and then Turns Off, Repeats

wowenz

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2015
Hello,

I just got a new PC today, at first there were no problems, I began installing Windows 10 using a USB stick, mid-way on the part where I was choosing a keyboard language, the PC suddenly turned off, tried turning it on again then that's where the problem starts. Everything lights up for a split second and then turns off, repeats after a couple of seconds.

Some time later, I tried it again and it worked! Was able to get to the bios, needed to press F1 to continue, so I tried plugging in my keyboard because only the power and display were plugged in but I accidentally pressed the power button and problem now exists again.

So far the only things that I have tried are:
-Reseating the RAM
-Tried both the PSU's hybrid and non-hybrid mode.
-Plugging everything off except the monitor and power.

Here's a video:
View: https://youtu.be/ltKNY9HOFTI

Specs:
CPU: i7 - 10700K
COOLER: Noctua NH D15 Chroma Black
GPU: Zotac RTX 3080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 16x2
MOBO: Asus TUF Z490-Plus Gaming
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 750w
FANS: Corsair LL120 x 3
STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB

wowenz

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2015
Sounds like your cpu is overheating and it is shutting itself off to save the cpu. Is your cooler running?

Sorry I stopped updating/replying because it started working without me having to change anything.

But right now, just today, it's happening again, I'll probably be able to make it work later by just trying again but it'll be very useful to know what's causing this.

I doubt it's the CPU overheating because I've already tried playing games with this for hours. My maximum CPU temps are around 75, idle at around 35+.

Also thought maybe it's the PSU, but I have been able to run this PC for 24hours multiple times with no issues. No overheating etc.

wowenz

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2015
Update: when I remove the pins on the GPU it seems that it stays on longer that I'm able to access the bios. When the Windows 10 loading icon finishes, the same thing happens though.