[SOLVED] New PC - What cooler?

FreamoN

Commendable
Mar 21, 2020
So I have most likely finished my new few parts for my PC, therefore I need to ask what CPU cooler should I get to keep it cool with OC.

My PC :

CPU - Ryzen 7 3800x
GPU - Asus 2080 Ti 11 GB
Motherboard - Asus x470-Pro
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (2x8GB)
Fans - 3 front case fans - 1 back fan - 1 top fan
Case - NZXT H710i

I did love to overclock my CPU a bit, meaning around 4.2 - 4.3/4.4 if possible, should I get any 360mm AIO cooler?
I heard that Dark Rock Pro 4 does great job at cooling and I don't know if it will be good enough for 3800x and good enough once I overclock it

What's your opinion?

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Don't overclock Ryzen 3000 like everyone does with Intel via all core OCs; they have the opposite effect with Ryzen 3000.
Instead, tweak the memory. Check out Ryzen memory OC guides.

Dark Rock Pro 4 is plenty. A 360 AIO won't cool any better than that air cooler. 3800X heat output is nothing compared to an overclocked 9900K.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Don't overclock Ryzen 3000 like everyone does with Intel via all core OCs; they have the opposite effect with Ryzen 3000.
Instead, tweak the memory. Check out Ryzen memory OC guides.

Dark Rock Pro 4 is plenty. A 360 AIO won't cool any better than that air cooler. 3800X heat output is nothing compared to an overclocked 9900K.

Solution

FreamoN

Commendable
Mar 21, 2020
Will do for sure!

And yeah, that's what I thought about the DRP4. I think I am gonna get this one and not the H150i or Kraken x72 tho.
Just was wondering if it keeps the temp at low atleast, I don't really want anything above 80+ in load.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
'Keeps the temp at low at least'?
You may be caught off-guard by the idle temps. Ryzen 3000 is very 'bursty' in nature - no need to be alarmed though!
While it does run warmer than the Intel competitor at idle/low load, at full load, the roles are reversed.

80C+ is something you'd see with the stock cooler.

FreamoN

Commendable
Mar 21, 2020
I do really appreciate your help. I will try to boost my memory later, once I get my cooler. Never overclocked memory, so it'll be something to learn about tho.

Again, thank you! I will get the DRP4 as cooler, at least I am not gonna pay over 170 euro for AIO.