Question New PC will not boot up. Turns on for a while about 10 seconds then turns off and repeats.

Jun 8, 2019
Just finished building my first computer. Got everything plugged in and ready to go. Hit the power button and all the fans spin up. The power button is solid white, but a light on the back of my motherboard is a solid orange/amber color. The power supplies fan stops spinning and a few seconds later the system turns off. This process repeats indefinitely. Any help?

I have a
Z170 HD Mobo
I5 6500
GTX 1060 3gb
750 Corsair RM psu
2 8gb ram sticks 3000mhz
Cooler master PCU cooler
120 GB ssd
1tb hdd
NZXT 500 Case

Last edited:
The orange light that you mention, where exactly is it? Is it around the audio connectors? If yes, then that's just ambient LED, doesn't mean anything except that motherboard is getting power. If it is that LED, then my next doubt would be the RAM or PSU. Make sure your RAM is installed in the correct slots, and try removing one stick to see if helps, then try the other stick only.

Make sure your monitor is plugged into GPU video ports, not motherboard. Make sure the GPU has the power connectors connected properly, and if neither is the problem, try re-seating the GPU into the slot, the tab/lock thing on the side should automatically snap in, just like with RAM.