[SOLVED] New PC Windows 10 boots to BSOD

Nov 6, 2019
Hi there so I helped a friend upgrade his PC, and I am just out of ideas.

The issue I am having is that when I go to boot up the computer, it starts the normal set up but windows freezes after a few seconds. I have the build here in the link

The Build - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xrb4q3

The error codes i get while launching

• Blue screen that says needs to scan also know as a BSOD
  • Or it fezzes when loading the OS
Now I know everything is hooked up properly and I can get to the BOIS just fine. everyone has told me its a hardware issue so I though I would ask anyone else here if they can help me get this Machine up and running.

Best way to contact me is Via: Email, or Discord

-Discord: <Redacted by Moderator>
-Email: <Redacted by Moderator>
<Not a good idea to post your personal contact info in an open forum>

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Resetting is not enough.
Try updating BIOS to latest nonbeta version - 7B98v17.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z390-A-PRO#down-bios

Updating BIOS with M-FLASH
Before updating:
Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI
website. And then save the BIOS file into the USB flash drive (formatted in FAT32).
Updating BIOS:
  1. Insert the USB flash drive that contains the update file into the USB port.
  2. Please refer the following methods to enter flash mode.
    • Reboot and press Ctrl + F5 key during POST and click on Yes to reboot the system.
    • Reboot and press Del key during POST to enter BIOS. Click the M-FLASH button and click on Yes to reboot the system.
  3. Select a...
Nov 6, 2019
It no longer Blue screens now. When I boot it up the OS runs and I am trying to reinstall windows using USB. It seems after 30sec -1m the pc frezzes and we have to hold power to restart the process.

Nov 6, 2019
Sorry for the long response I have been working with it for about an hour now. I have pulled the graphics card and checked for loose connections thinking that that was the problem but I cant think of anything else I am stumped.

Resetting is not enough.
Try updating BIOS to latest nonbeta version - 7B98v17.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z390-A-PRO#down-bios

Updating BIOS with M-FLASH
Before updating:
Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI
website. And then save the BIOS file into the USB flash drive (formatted in FAT32).
Updating BIOS:
  1. Insert the USB flash drive that contains the update file into the USB port.
  2. Please refer the following methods to enter flash mode.
    • Reboot and press Ctrl + F5 key during POST and click on Yes to reboot the system.
    • Reboot and press Del key during POST to enter BIOS. Click the M-FLASH button and click on Yes to reboot the system.
  3. Select a BIOS file to perform the BIOS update process.
  4. After the flashing process is 100% completed, the system will reboot automatically.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 6, 2019
Thank you everyone so much for your support and Help. I fixed it. I updated the BIOS, thanks to all you helpful people I learned something new!!