[SOLVED] New PC. Windows 10 won't boot, PLZ HELP

May 12, 2020
I have found MANY threads with all slightly different problems. I apologize if there is another thread that would've helped me with my problem.

I just built a PC. I also bought a copy of Windows 10. I bought this FROM microsoft, I didn't create my own media on a flashdrive. I had issues creating my own media, and the computer wasn't able to recognize the flash drive as a boot option. Now that I bought the flashdrive with Windows 10 on it my computer/BIOS actually recognizes it.

1. I start up my PC and it already opens me to the "Windows Boot Manager" screen.
  2. Select my language and continue
  3. Put in my product key
  4. Agree to terms and conditions
  5. Then I get to a screen that says "Which type of installation do you want?"
I have two options here. "Upgrade" or "Custom"
Upgrade doesn't work and will kick me out. I'm assuming I have to go with custom here.
6. Now I have to select where to install windows
Driver 0 - SSD
Driver 1 - M.2 NVMe
Driver 2 - M.2 NVMe

I selected "Driver 1" on one attempt. It ended up not working and telling me that there

The problem with it failing is that my poor M.2 NVME is now broken up. When I get back to this screen it gives me a lot more options. All of the sudden my Driver 1 has 4 options.

Drive 1 Partition 1: Recovery
Drive 1 Partition 2
Drive 1 Partition 3
Drive 1 Partition 4

At one point I also selected my SSD which has now also broken up.

Drive 0 Partition 1
Drive 0 Partition 2

This screen allows me to delete files. Should I delete any of these partitions?

How do I properly boot from the Windows media?! Bios settings?

Motherboard: Asus X570-F
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2080 DirectX 12 8GB (Model Number: DUAL-RTX2080-8G-EVO)
RAM: G. Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz (Model Number: F4-3200C16D-32GVK)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Crucial BX500 960GB 2.5" SSD
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 1000 80+ Gold

May 12, 2020
get a usb flash drive. download the latest windows 10 iso from microsoft website.
and when you install os. only connect the os drive
I only own Mac computers. I cannot create the file type needed to create my own windows flash media. That is a problem I have already encountered and I've already bought a Windows 10 flash drive in order to go around that problem.

I need a solution using the flashdrive I bought from Microsoft.

May 12, 2020
As said above, chose the drive you want to use to install Windows 10 and disconnect the others. Then boot from your USB, chose a Custom install and delete any existing partitions, then let the USB do the rest of the install.

Thank you for responding, this is a first time build. When you tell me to "disconnect the others" do you mean fully removing my M.2's from the motherboard?

May 12, 2020
Yes. Even though you are directing Windows where to load windows, it can sometimes create the boot partition on another drive, so it's always best to only have one drive attached other than the install media (eg USB).

I removed both M.2s. I only have a single SSD installed into my PC. I am once again met with the same screen.

"Windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070241"

My SSD is definitely recognizable by my PC. So is this the fault of the outdated Windows 10 USB I bought? BIOS settings?