[SOLVED] New PNY NVMe w/ terrible write speeds...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2787394
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2787394

Hello everyone,

I have recently built a new machine and I am using:
M.2 NVMe PNY XLR8 CS3030 250GB (PN: M280CS3030-250-RB)
Max Sequential Read Speed 3,500 MB/s
Max Sequential Write Speed 1,050 MB/s
Motherboard Aorus B360M Gaming 3
Windows 10 v.1909

As you can see by the benchmarks below, my write speeds are really bad and random. I say random because I tested it right after a fresh OS install/drivers with the "disk almost empty" and it came out bad... I thought it was drivers or some configuration in the BIOS, restarted, retested and it came out OK.
I never checked again until now, with the "disk almost full" and the bad results returned...

There is nothing going on in the background as far as I know during the benchmarks, the MB recognizes it fine in the BIOS, there's no HDD's installed/SATA configuration, and I have the most recent MB/Chipset drivers w/ a fresh Windows install. Also wanna note that PNY doesn't has any driver for it as Samsung or other brands have for example, so it uses Windows default/basic driver as I understand.

Have anyone experienced something similar? I am trying to figure out if this is hardware related like MB or the disk itself to think about RMA... or hopefully just software/drivers...

Here is my results good/bad
vNbXKxX.png

O9gGq90.png

0i0S1bd.png

YJ7cNrN.png

Solution
this is absolutely normal, as the drive fills you have fewer cells to write to so the controller takes longer to access them all.

similarly the SSD is slower after an O/S install due to garbage collection and other things in the background. It recovers you get normal speeds again.
this is absolutely normal, as the drive fills you have fewer cells to write to so the controller takes longer to access them all.

similarly the SSD is slower after an O/S install due to garbage collection and other things in the background. It recovers you get normal speeds again.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.