[SOLVED] New Prebuilt PC giving me issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2021
As the title suggests, I just upgraded from my older PC to a newer prebuilt PC (was much cheaper than buying the parts and building myself). I went from an asus rog g30ab titan (i7 4770k, gtx 1070, 16gb ram, etc) to an asus rog strix ga15dh (amd ryzen 5 3600x, rtx 2060 super, 16gb ram, etc).

My issue is, when playing a specific game (escape from tarkov) I am getting bright coloured flashes on my screen or an image similar to the sun's texture? (will post a picture of that). If I tab out of tarkov while playing, my monitor will get black flashes around the edges periodically.

I have searched google for a couple days to try to find a fix but to no avail... I couldn't remember everything I have tried... but I have tried different hdmi ports, trying it on another monitor, messing with colour options and vsync (on and off). Everything I have done has made some impact on the issue, but not completely correcting it... I went from completely unplayable to a major annoyance. I notice it is doing this more so on day light gameplay (not on the menu, or inventory, only in game and almost always on day light playing... night time doesn't yield the issue nearly as often). I have tried testing it out on other games but I have not been able to replicate the issue.

My big question is, is there anything anyone could suggest (any thoughts are greatly appreciated) or is it likely a hardware issue and I should be taking it back to get them to fix it or replace it entirely (whatever their policy is I guess). Bought it new from best buy, so don't foresee any issues there, just the waiting to get it back or for them to figure it out (even if they can. That, or is an issue with the game itself? Which in that case I would be kind of SOL I guess.

The flashes will be semi random, but tend to repeat looking at the same direction of an object (not necessarily the object itself), but the image provided tends to be permanent (however, it tends to be otherwise above, or usually when looking below the horizon).

unknown.png

Mar 12, 2021
Update, I have a green box in the left middle, and a white/coloured box on bottom middle of screen. Not sure what this means now, I am really thinking its a hardware issue but its not happening in any other game. (the green box is harder to see, but the yellow/white one is quite obvious on the bottom.
unknown.png

Mar 12, 2021
Well in case anyone was wondering, it was a faulty GPU... which was unfortunately always going to be the last box to check off. Took it back as I was still within 14 days, and exchanged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.