New PSU, different SATA cable

Sep 18, 2018
Hi I just built in a new EVGA 850W and everything works, except for one HDD that was previously connected with a 5pin power cable - the new PSU doesn't have that kind of slot anymore. My SSD works with the 6pin power cable but I tried linking the HDD to it, as well as using an extra cable and both doesn't work. In the BIOS the HDD cannot be found, what's the issue here?

The previous PSU looked like this
https://content.hwigroup.net/images/products_xl/342219/2/be-quiet-pure-power-9-cm-600w.jpg

The power cables from the old PSU to the new PSU are NOT interchangable. Especially, then the PSU's are from different manufacturers. I think you got lucky that everything worked other than one HDD. I'd really recommend that you go back a replace all the power cables with the cables that came with the EVGA PSU.

Sep 18, 2018
Of course I used all power cables from the new PSU, but my HDD was connected with a 5pin cable which I cannot put into the new PSU because it doesn't have this slot.

Edit: it seems like the connection to the motherboard was lost while I build in the PSU... but I can't really see it due the GPU, guess I have to remove it :/

USAFRet

Titan

SATA is SATA.
The SATA power cable at the drive end is the same as what it was with the old PSU.