New Radeon 7850 no video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarenox

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Hi guys, I just got a new GPU and I'm having this problem, I've being doing some research but I can't find a solid answer, so I think it's time to post my own problem.

My computer: Gateway SX2865-UR328
The motherboard Acer H61H2-AD (1 PCE-x16) and the only data I have from the BIOS is P11-AO as it says in the POST screen

The GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7850 1GB OC

My Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster S19B150

I have experience building my computers but I've been out of this world for a couple of years so I might be a little bit rusty in this matter. A few months ago I changed the case, got a Corsair CX 430 v2 and CORSAIR ValueSelect 8GB (2 x 4GB) and everything works fine. Now I got this GPU and I have no video signal.

When I go to the Bios this is what I see: http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1754/p3160494.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5205/p3160495.jpg

I'm using a VGA cable and a DVI-2-VGA adapter connected to the DVI-I port, when the GPU is plugged in it gives no video signal nor the IGP does, but the computer starts normally, I can hear the normal starting beep, and I know that Windows 8 is running because when I unplug the VGA cable from the GPU I can hear that sound when you plug/unplug any USB device. I tried to set the "Primary Video" option to Pci-x without actually seeing it but looks like the "Primary Video" option remains locked as you can see in the image above. I also contacted a Gateway (or Acer) representative via live chat and he didn't tell me anything that I didn't know, only that they don't support any modification to their systems or something like that.

My only ideas/options to try at this moment are:

The GPU is giving signal through the HDMI port and not through the DVI one (I can't check this since I have no HDMI capable Monitor/TV).

Upgrade the BIOS and see what happens but I have no idea where to find such thing.

Change the motherboard to an aftermarket one but I can't right now for monetary reasons.

Return the GPU and ask for a replace without being sure if it is the actual problem.

Regards

rdc85

Honorable
Is there a chance that the DVI 2 VGA adapter is not working?

I'm kinda hesitant to try mess with the OEM bios, but i think the on board graphic could be set to disable and try again...
but if it still no signal u will need to reset the cmos. but I not know what will hapen with this OEM bios, so do it with precaution.....

skarenox

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Wow I just solved the problem I was tinkering with some BIOS options and something worked (not sure what :D). I'm currently installing drivers.
Thanks for the answer anyways. TIME TO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.