[SOLVED] New RAM

Dec 28, 2019
Hey all,i'm going to build new PC from scratch ,AMD based build,now i know that Ryzen want stronger RAM,so my question is should i go with 2x8GB 4000MHz CL19 or should i go with 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16? There is alot of variables here so help pls,im thinking of going more RAM which is not needed currently ,but in other hand i like that 4000MHz on 16GB

If you are not running VMs or high end professional applications, there is absolutely no reason to go with more than 16GB, but obviously it's not going to hurt to have more so long as you try to stick to a 2 x16GB configuration. 4 x8GB puts a lot more stress on the memory controller, at least on four slot dual channel boards. Not so much on triple or quad channel boards with six or eight DIMM slots.

I'd stick to 3600mhz if you are going with 3rd Gen Ryzen 3000 series. If you go with 3200mhz sticks, especially on R3000, I'd try to get very low latency sticks. CL 14 3200mhz is a good target.

CL 16 3600mhz would also be a good choice. This would probably be a good selection but you will want to FIRST check the G.Skill memory configurator and make sure that any memory kit you go with is listed as compatible with whatever motherboard you are planning to run. For Corsair, it's the Corsair memory finder. Obviously I didn't check this memory kit against the G.Skill memory configurator since I don't know what board you plan to run.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $134.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-28 17:46 EST-0500

Dec 28, 2019
Motherboard is Asus X570 Crosshair hero,and ill go with 3900x,all the problem is we have small collection of choice here for RAM so i would be depended of importing from Amazon

Yeah, that's problematic, isn't it. LOL.

Are you better off with pricing from Germany or Italy, as those look to be the closest places that Amazon has an established market at near you. At least it might give us an idea of what's actually going to be available to you without extreme shipping from someplace further away.

Dec 28, 2019
Same pricing,even same shipments,and VAT so its not a big difference between Italy and Germany,tho i also have friend that lives currently in Germany and maybe he will oreder on his name and send it to me in Croatia so that i dont need to pay VAT