Hello, I bought this refurbished desktop recently:
  • HP Z620 Workstation
  • 2x Intel Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz Eight-Core CPU's
  • 96GB memory
  • 256GB SSD
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA Quadro 600
  • Windows 10 Professional
However, when I open certain architectural PDFs (168 MB), it is slow to render each drawing on the PDF. Takes maybe 5 seconds for each page.

I updated all the drivers (windows, graphics card). I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader. I also tried PDF X-change Editor to open the PDF.

Is there a setting I should check for speeding up PDF usage for such a powerful machine?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

Solution
PDF load speed would be based on RAM and storage speeds primarily with CPU coming after that. a 168mb PDF is large but shouldn't be that intensive. If it is in specific PDFs and not all PDFs then make a note of what elements on screen are slow to load. Images are much slower than text because they are much larger files.
PDF load speed would be based on RAM and storage speeds primarily with CPU coming after that. a 168mb PDF is large but shouldn't be that intensive. If it is in specific PDFs and not all PDFs then make a note of what elements on screen are slow to load. Images are much slower than text because they are much larger files.

Solution