[SOLVED] New RX 6900 XT graphics card, system boots with no beeps, but no video signal from neither graphics card or motherboard

Tagline

Prominent
Nov 5, 2020
Part list:

GPU: ASUS ROG-STRIX-LC-RX6900XT-T16G-GAMING
RAM: Corsair D4 3200 32GB C16
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
PSU: CORSAIR RMx Series RM850x
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

I've just upgraded the GPU (from a GTX 1060), the ram sticks, and the PSU in one go. As well as adding an SDD to one of the M.2 slot (I just double-checked the manual, this M.2 slot does not share bandwidth with the PCIE slot that the GPU is slotted and so should be inconsequential)

Like the title says, everything boots up without any beeps. All the fans are running, the USB ports are drawing power. Just not getting any video signal. I've tried both display port and HDMI, on both GPU and on the MOBO. I've also tried different displays.

Has anyone got a clue what the issue could be? Or anything I could do to narrow the problem down.

Last edited:
Solution
I started walking back all the new components. GPU didn't make any difference. RAM sticks did the trick though. I suspect I might have dinged the lever and slightly unslotted one of them while installing the rather big cooling unit you get with the model of the GPU I got. Thanks to Ricky for the advice nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why all video ports stopped working because a misaligned ram stick? I'd figure you'd at least get to the BIOS anyway.

Tagline

Prominent
Nov 5, 2020
I started walking back all the new components. GPU didn't make any difference. RAM sticks did the trick though. I suspect I might have dinged the lever and slightly unslotted one of them while installing the rather big cooling unit you get with the model of the GPU I got. Thanks to Ricky for the advice nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why all video ports stopped working because a misaligned ram stick? I'd figure you'd at least get to the BIOS anyway.

Solution