New Ryzen 2700x build no display

Aug 25, 2018
Hi All

I've seen this question asked a lot but none of the answers have helped me out.

My PC Parts:

Ryzen 2700x
Asus x470-i strix
Corsair vengeance RGB pro 3000mhz
Zotac 1080 to mini

I've made sure the hdmi is in the gpu, I've tried it on 2 different monitors, and tried out different cables.

The fans are spinning but I get no display.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Solution
the vga port will only work with the 2200G and 2400G CPUs just an FYI the others dont have the GPU built into them.. Sounds like you have an issue with the board or power.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
can you get into bios (UEFI) at all? .. does your monitor work.. and one thing to also try is 1 stick of ram.. a lot of times it will just spin fans but not boot if you have bad ram / incompatible ram.. Most motherboards (at least a lot of them) have a little display on them to show what step the system is booting to. etc..

Aug 25, 2018
Just tried using one stick of ram and switching to see if that was the issue but still no display. I took the CPU out to check the pins and saw no bent ones.

The monitors just say no input on them.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You've done just about everything dude.

Maybe try removing the cmos battery (PC off) for 30 seconds or so, see if anything changes.

Single stick operation is A1 closest dimm to the cpu. Did you try the 2nd stick by it self?

Make sure if using a cpu fan the wire is attached to cpu_fan (closest 4pin header to cpu 12v 8pin) and not aio_pump or cha_fan. Motherboards if aren't able to detect a cpu's temperature may prevent operation.

---

If all else not working, probably time to remove everything from the case and breadboard the system. If still no luck start looking towards rma'ing the board or cpu. It is possible fans can still spin with a faulty board or cpu so referencing fans can be deceiving at times.

Aug 15, 2018
Did you see what your post codes on the motherboard is trying to tell you? What is the LED saying? It should lit with a certain color as well. We have similar parts. I use the 2700x ,x470 strix f mb, 1080ti strix with a pair of 2x8 gskill trident z 3200 rgb.
Check your manual to see the post codes. Make sure if your trying to reset computers bios by cmos battery. Drain your psu. 30 seconds unplugged may not do the trick. Turn off psu switch. Then hold the power button for 30 seconds. You may see it flip on for a sec. Then remove cmos battery and see what happens. Remove CPU will also push the asus board back to stock. (Check pins if you do that) also check to make sure all cables are pushed down all the way. I seen PCs not turn on properly because the 24pin or 8pin was just a hair line up.

Aug 25, 2018
So just to update, I bought different RAM to test it out but still no luck.

On the motherboard it gets to VGA (white led) and doesn't get any further. I also tried a friend's Ryzen 2600x in there and still nothing. I've took the CMOS battery out every time I've replaced a part.

The only thing that can be at fault is the motherboard now.