Question New Ryzen 5 5600X and Asus ROG strix b550f wont boot.

jambex95

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
Today I picked up brand new CPU and MOBO and took all the other parts from my old setup.

However, after bios update via BIOS Flashback feature that mobo provides the system wont boot up, it doesnt even post.

Mobo QLED indicators wont light up at all.

If GPU is installed, its fans spin really fast while case and cpu fans wont spin at all.
If GPU is not installed, case and cpu fans start to spin.

Tested both RAM sticks in every slot one by one.

Specs:
RAM: Kingston 16GB(2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz (Worked in old build)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x (Brand new)
Motherboard: Asus ROG strix b550-F (Brand new)
PSU: Corsair CX-600w (Worked in old build)
GPU: RTX 2070 super (worked in old build)

Bios versions tested (https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios/):
1212 (beta)

Any help would be appriciated.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020
I am currently experiencing the same issue, same GPU as well. Please let me know if you found a solution as I am currently lost 4 hours into my build/troubleshooting

jambex95

Commendable
Oct 20, 2018
I am currently experiencing the same issue, same GPU as well. Please let me know if you found a solution as I am currently lost 4 hours into my build/troubleshooting

Managed to post it once.
Only with one RAM stick and gpu installed. After that installed another RAM stick and it didn't post after that, not even with same setup as earlier.
Starting to think that MOBO is faulty and did a RMA. Seller company accepted it and going to get new MOBO in few days.

Could you also updated here if you manage to find out the problem?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020
I have the exacte same issue as you..
ASUS B550-F Motherboard with Ryzen 5 5600X, and a RTX 3070 FE as gpu and I can't post even with one RAM stick :(
I tried to flashback the bios with those bios versions : 1202 and 1216.
Did you managed to solve the issue after receiving the new MOBO?

Dec 25, 2020
I have the exacte same issue as you..
ASUS B550-F Motherboard with Ryzen 5 5600X, and a RTX 3070 FE as gpu and I can't post even with one RAM stick :(
I tried to flashback the bios with those bios versions : 1202 and 1216.
Did you managed to solve the issue after receiving the new MOBO?

I managed to resolve the issue, I've plugged only 8 pins alim for CPU, I added the remaining 4pins, so now I have 8+4 pins from PSU to CPU and it's working as it should, maybe that will help someone someday :)