G skill 8GB
RX 480 8GB Power Color Gpu
Up Here Cpu cooler
EVGA 750W Psu
Kingston 120GB SSD
WD 7200 1TB HDD

• Ryzen 5 2600 is new and seated properly
  • The motherboard has been returned and I received a new one
  • I had all my RAM sticks working for a total of 24GB DDR4 RAM, all set to a low speed, something like 2100 and they're all under 3 months old never been OC'd, and it has occurred to me that they are meant to run at 2400 Mhz
  • My RX 480 8GB is installed but I have no idea which BIOS switch is which, last time I had it running with MSI Afterburner which revved the 3 fans. No Gpu sag and I cleaned the gold connectors on the card, it has a backplate installed on it
  • Psu is used from my last build, also swapped it out for a Antec 650W, still no signal to monitor
  • SSD and HDD, also my CMOS battery are new
  • Up Here Cpu cooler has been installed with new thermal paste but the blue lights on it only flash for a second
  • I did remove everything from my Zalman full ATX case into something smaller and less noisy. Everything spins and I can hear the Cpu thinking
  • My first thought would be the CMOS battery, I did try resetting it with a screw, maybe I should have used a jumper or at least a paper clip.
  • My monitor is new, an ASUS 32" 1080p with VGA and HDMI and I have a DP to HDMI adapter which was working fine until I swapped cases

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019
I realize that the CMOS was not reset and I had failed miserably as there are really no proper instructions to do so. I guess my question is, how do I reset the CMOS? There are 2 small pins on my Mobo, no switches.

G skill 2x4GB kit
Corsair 8GB
G skill 8GB

Memory manufacturers don't guarantee such combinations to be compatible together. You can make any combinations you want and do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

You can clear CMOS by disconnecting power to the PC from the AC wall outlet. Hold a flat blade screwdriver across the two pins for 30 seconds. That will clear the CMOS.

Jul 8, 2019
It is definitely a RAM issue as the lights on my Cpu cooler do not light up despite the fans spinning. And I am off to find a RAM seating guide.

Jul 8, 2019
I tried installing the RAM kit (2x4GB DDR4) and my mobo does support 4 slots. Might need a few tips or tricks as I am not familiar with dual channel.