Crucial MX 500 SSD 500GB
Toshiba 1TB hard drive
Radeon RX580 8GB graphics card

I’ve just purchased the following
Gigabyte Aorius M B450 AM4
AMD 2600X processor
Corsair DDR4 3200MHz 2x 8GB
Cooler master 240 lite liquid cooler

After installing these parts, the system worked OK for a few hours. Now when I switch the system on, the thing willl light up for less than a second and then shut down. I got a replacement mother board from Amazon but got the same result. I put my old motherboard/RAM/processor back in and it worked fine.
Any ideas for a solution?

Solution
My Ryzen rig will boot, light up and then reboot when doing a cold boot - it's a memory issue in my case. Is the memory on your mobo qvl list?

I'd through a process of elimination to work out which part is causing issues - you can rule out the PSU as it works with old components. Next I'd unplug everything non essential (fans, LEDs, HDD) and see if you get to bios. Then try removing one stick of ram at a time and try each ram slot. If you still have no joy, it's likely CPU as you've tried two motherboards.

coops1

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
My Ryzen rig will boot, light up and then reboot when doing a cold boot - it's a memory issue in my case. Is the memory on your mobo qvl list?

I'd through a process of elimination to work out which part is causing issues - you can rule out the PSU as it works with old components. Next I'd unplug everything non essential (fans, LEDs, HDD) and see if you get to bios. Then try removing one stick of ram at a time and try each ram slot. If you still have no joy, it's likely CPU as you've tried two motherboards.

Solution

Jimbo01

Honorable
Sep 9, 2016
I notice there are status LEDS on the motherboard and the CPU LED is shining a very bright red. I’ll send the CPU back to Amazon for replacement. Thank you very much for your time.

coops1

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
A fresh windows install is highly recommended, but even if your windows install was causing problems, you should be able to get into BIOS - The fact you can't get it to post indicates another problem.

I still think you're best off removing everything uneccesary then changing one thing at a time to try and fix it, if nothing works it's likely the CPU at fault.