[SOLVED] New setup problem gpu?? -SOLVED

Dec 15, 2019
Hello, today i finished building my 3rth setup. And i have come across a big issue.

Gpu not working.

Setup:
Ryzen 5 1500x
Asus prime a320m k
Ballistix 2x8 gb 2400mhz

Gpu: asus rog strix rx480gb.

Ive tried all sorts of solutions except flashing the vbios. This is what i tried and what my problem is.

The gpu fans spin on startup and shutdown, however 2 seconds after startup its stops spinning and gpu goes in some kind of sleep mode (idk the led lights are still on but it seems as if its in some sort of sleep mode.) It doesnt detect my whole screen but only half of it, also am getting a code43 in device manager. On my motherboard there is an led light right next to the gpu's pci slot and its also in a yellow sleep mode (i think that because of the led pattern) ive tried searching in both manuals what this means but cant come up with a solution. Ive tried reinstalling different kinds of drivers but nothing seems to work.

Compatability is not the issue i triple check everything.

Im wondering if someone has come across this problem and has a solution for this.

It can be possible that it is a hardware related problem and ive been scammed with the gpu however gpuz tells that everything is fine. Very weird problem.

Excuse my English, not a native. Please help i really need this done before the 20th or im in trouble. Thanks!

Note: i can work with my monitor if i plug it in my gpu but like i said its still says code 43 and it only seems to detect half of my screen and it is not working properly. Please help thanks.

Dec 15, 2019
Corsaie vs550 80plus (led lights of the gpu turn on so i doubt thats the problem)

Individual seller but dont think its a scam because he used his real identity and bank account during the transfer.

If anyone came across this problem or has an idea how to fix it please let me know.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You have the external connector(8-pin) plugged in to the card as well? Double check the connection and reseat the gpu.
That LED could be for decoration as far as I know - the mobo manual isn't very detailed.

The monitor is plugged into the card?
Do you have another gpu you can take out and test with?
Have you tried a different monitor cable?

Individual seller but dont think its a scam because he used his real identity and bank account during the transfer.
Yeah? Well that's not enough to stop me from selling someone a card I've mined on...
They didn't ask, I can deny I've used it that way, I can cross my fingers and hope it lasts past the return period(if one was even honored).

The gpu fans spin on startup and shutdown, however 2 seconds after startup its stops spinning
That's normal for POST.
The default fan profiles for most of these gpus have them set to off until they actually start running warm - 60C+.

Something else you can try is to download Unigine Heaven Benchmark: https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven
Open Gpu-Z, and leave it on the Sensors tab, and run the following custom preset in Heaven Benchmark:
API: DirectX 11
Quality: Ultra
Tessellation: Extreme
Stereo 3D: Disabled
Multi-monitor: Disabled
Anti-aliasing: x8
Full Screen: Unchecked
Resolution: Monitor's native resolution

Keep an eye on the gpu temperature and the PerfCap Reason in Gpu-Z.

Dec 15, 2019
Update:

So i tried installing old drivers and now this has happend (i couldnt proceed because it says no amd radeon hardware detected):

Devicemanager now says code43 graphics driver problem, So then i tried flashing bios and my gpu just wont show up on atiflash...

Dec 15, 2019
You have the external connector(8-pin) plugged in to the card as well? Double check the connection and reseat the gpu.
That LED could be for decoration as far as I know - the mobo manual isn't very detailed.

The monitor is plugged into the card?
Do you have another gpu you can take out and test with?
Have you tried a different monitor cable?

Yeah? Well that's not enough to stop me from selling someone a card I've mined on...
They didn't ask, I can deny I've used it that way, I can cross my fingers and hope it lasts past the return period(if one was even honored).

That's normal for POST.
The default fan profiles for most of these gpus have them set to off until they actually start running warm - 60C+.

Something else you can try is to download Unigine Heaven Benchmark: https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven
Open Gpu-Z, and leave it on the Sensors tab, and run the following custom preset in Heaven Benchmark:
API: DirectX 11
Quality: Ultra
Tessellation: Extreme
Stereo 3D: Disabled
Multi-monitor: Disabled
Anti-aliasing: x8
Full Screen: Unchecked
Resolution: Monitor's native resolution

Keep an eye on the gpu temperature and the PerfCap Reason in Gpu-Z.

Unigine doesnt work, MSVCP100.dll cant be found, tried reinstalling it a couple times but i keep getting same error message.

Dec 15, 2019