Question New setup with water cooling and my gpu is still too hot! Help!

Apr 10, 2022
Okay, so im at a loss. I've been fiddling with my new setup for a while and i cant get get my pc to do 144 frames on destiny 2. I had no issues with my past card which was a 2080 ti, but when i upgraded to a 3080 ti it gets way too hot and underperforms. I bought a new case, fans, and set up a whole new water cooling loop for the entire setup and it is just not working. idk what to do, should i replace the water cooling block on the gpu back to its stock heatsink cooler and change my whole loop, or buy a new psu to see if its a power issue. ive changed the pump speed, tried underclocking the gpu, but to no avail... nothing. also cause the gpu runs so hot theres a ton of heat bubbles in the loop and everytime i clear them they keep coming back. pls help im so lost.

(Edit)
My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700k
GPU: gigabyte 3080 ti 12 gb oc
MB: b550 tomahawk
Ram: 4 x 8gb ddr4 trident g.skill ram
PSU: Corsair RM750 Watt gold+

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022
3dMark Time Spy

I never tested it for the stock cooler but the water cooling keeps it at 80 even under heavy load but thats cause the system cuts it off and tanks the fps so the gpu doesn't exceed that temp and erupt. ill have to check the loop to see where and how air might be getting in and causing bubbles

Apr 10, 2022
two 360mm radiators, top intake, bottom outtake, both are ekwb, and the case is a lian li o-11 dynamic evo, with the back panel as the dispo plate reservoir/ pump combo
loop goes... reservoir -> gpu > cpu -> radiator -> radiator -> reservoir.

Apr 10, 2022
So i fixed the bubbles in the loop everything is fine. but the gpu is still running hot do i need more fans or do i need to change the direction of them or is there and add on to cool the gpu even more with the water loop?