New Sony HDTV Camcorder Part 2

jeff

How would I natively view recorded material with the camcorder on my 65 inch
HDTV monitor (Mits ws65-813).

It has firewire, component inputs.

Would I be able to view HD footage on the monitor via playback from the
camcorder, if so, how?

Tia,

jeff

In article <Xd-dnbZRsvnrjwXcRVn-ow@fcc.net>, "Jeff" <jeff@aol.com>
wrote:

> How would I natively view recorded material with the camcorder on my 65 inch
> HDTV monitor (Mits ws65-813).
>
> It has firewire, component inputs.
>
> Would I be able to view HD footage on the monitor via playback from the
> camcorder, if so, how?
>
> Tia,
>
> jeff

The whole point of HDV is that the data stream is compressed to the
point where standard Firewire can deliver it.

Theoretically, you should be able to just hook it up and display it.

Realistically, you may need some kind of driver to parse the HDV stream
into a form that your monitor can display, but the technology is so new
that nobody really knows that yet.

Stay Tuned.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:07:29 -0700, William Davis <newvideo@fastq.com>
wrote:

>The whole point of HDV is that the data stream is compressed to the
>point where standard Firewire can deliver it.

If that were the case, it would be a mighty fine format. But the truth
is, it is compressed to fit into the 25Mb/s common for mini-DV.

cheers

-martin-

--
Can the terror of spam be included in the war on terror?