New SSD broken?

brianovitch

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Last friday I installed a new samsung 960 EVO ssd in my lenovo Y700. Prior to this I made a clone of my previous ssd to my hdd with a clone tool. This worked perfect. Then I booted up this clone and used the same tool to clone this back to my new ssd but got a load of windows boot errors (boot missing or damaged). After a few more clone tries I got my windows working. Finally, right? No.... 5 minutes in I got an bsod ( critical process died). After rebooting a few times each time this same error immediatly popped up. So i thought another bad clone so I tried again to replace my ssd clone with my hdd clone. Now I am at the point that;
1. Both clones are no longer working, after asking what windows I would like to boot the screen stays black.
2. Can't install a new version of windows on my ssd (immediately get an install error)
3. My partition software (bootable) won't recognize my ssd anymore (it does show in BIOS and a new windows install).
4. Can't boot either installation in safe mode.

I think I recieved a faulty ssd, or does anyone have another idea what is going on?

Solution
1. We'll assume you're communicating here via a different PC and NOT the problem Lenovo laptop. If that's not the case, clarify just how the Lenovo is booting to the OS and functioning.

2. When you pose a problem along the lines of the present one you're experiencing, always indicate the OS you're working with. We'll assume it's Win 10 unless you indicate another.

3. Indicate the disk-cloning program you utilized and clearly explain how you set up the source & destination drives for the d-c operation. Provide detailed info as to the capacity of the drives and the total volume of data contents in each drive involved in the d-c operation.
1. We'll assume you're communicating here via a different PC and NOT the problem Lenovo laptop. If that's not the case, clarify just how the Lenovo is booting to the OS and functioning.

2. When you pose a problem along the lines of the present one you're experiencing, always indicate the OS you're working with. We'll assume it's Win 10 unless you indicate another.

3. Indicate the disk-cloning program you utilized and clearly explain how you set up the source & destination drives for the d-c operation. Provide detailed info as to the capacity of the drives and the total volume of data contents in each drive involved in the d-c operation.

Solution