inidhelp

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
Hi guys.....
So...
I bought a new sad for my laptop
I have usb for window OS.
When I plug the usb in, I get to OS.
I do all the steps for installation, and when it says it needs to restart and i do, window won't pop up.
I tried everything I could.
went to bios to move sad as priority, formatting and re-installing, everything.
just note that my laptop i pretty old.
It's 2012 Samsung chronos7.
When I searched for solution, I saw people saying check that it runs as ahci. but I don't have anything like that in my bios. it's so old, that I don't really have any access to do anything in bios.
When I finish installation, or get out of OS, it would just go grey and black repeatedly. then, when I press each, I get to choose which drive I want to boot, which doesn't do anything.
if I choose any drive, the choosing window thing pops up again until I choose "set up", which is bios.
then, when I go to bios and exit from there, same thing all over again....
at this point, I'm not even sure if Windows is installed...
or could this be the hardware problem? like RAM or cpu or idk.....
please...someone save me....

Solution
Here is your manual - http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201210/20121028102946143/Win8_Manual_eng.pdf - page 102 mentions boot order
if its from 2012 I would expect its set to ahci anyway

How far into setting windows 10 up did you get? did you set up a user?

if you did, you can try the steps below:
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second (might have to have USB in laptop before you start for it to be a choice)
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this PC, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Colif

Win 11 Master
Here is your manual - http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201210/20121028102946143/Win8_Manual_eng.pdf - page 102 mentions boot order
if its from 2012 I would expect its set to ahci anyway

How far into setting windows 10 up did you get? did you set up a user?

if you did, you can try the steps below:
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second (might have to have USB in laptop before you start for it to be a choice)
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this PC, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Solution