Question New System 11th gen

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
Just going to go with the 11th gen i5 11600k cpu. No point with 12th gen atm as waiting for all the flaws and bugs etc ddr5 and all that.

Upgrading from an i5 6500
Z170 Mobo
Using it for Gaming with xbox app not steam
Music Production
Internet Browsing
Streaming
Multi Tasking
Some heavy Apps Usage etc

Lutfij

Titan
Please stylize your post akin to this thread. If your current specs to the system you're on is listed in your sig space, please parse the specs to your build in your thread's body. The reasoning behind that is that sig space specs can and will change over time. When that happens this thread and relevant suggestions become moot for the person in the same boat as you are now.

Be sure to answer all the questions to your level best so we have all details covered and hopefully make your potential investment(s) worthwhile. Mentioning the name of the app's and game titles helps with us understanding what needs fine tuning in your build.

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
Just going to go with the 11th gen i5 11600k cpu. No point with 12th gen atm as waiting for all the flaws and bugs etc ddr5 and all that.

New build
Z950
Asus Mobo: not sure which one atm
Cpu: I5 11600k

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X73 RGB

Gpu: ASUS DUAL GeForce RTX 3060 12GB V2 OC GDDR6

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 32GB (16GB x 2) 3600MHz DDR4

Psu: Evga Supernova g2 650w

Storage

Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 (PCIe 4.0 x4)

External Storage

x 2 8tb Sdd
x 2 4tb Sdd
Pc Case: Corsair icue 5000x rgb atx

Upgrading from
Mobo z170Asus pro gaming
Cpu i5 6500 3.2ghz
Cooler Be quiet dark rock pro3
Gpu Do no have one atm
Ram Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3200
Psu Evga supernova g2 650w

I will be Using it for Gaming with xbox app not steam
Games list
COD Cold War
COD Warfare
Farcry 6
Hitman etc

Music Production
Ableton - Vsts Lots of samples etc
Traktor Dj mixing

Internet Browsing
loads of open tabs and streaming

Multi Tasking
loads of apps like
Music apps
File explorer
Wordpad
Data backup
Updates in between

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Build looks, alright, only question is, what is the frequency for the ram kit you've mentioned above both before the upgrade and after the upgrade? If you're recycling the PSU from your older build, please specify the age of the unit. As time goes, the effective power output by a PSU can and will degrade meaning they aren't outputting the same power as they were brand new.

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
Build looks, alright, only question is, what is the frequency for the ram kit you've mentioned above both before the upgrade and after the upgrade? If you're recycling the PSU from your older build, please specify the age of the unit. As time goes, the effective power output by a PSU can and will degrade meaning they aren't outputting the same power as they were brand new.

Sorry buddie i will edit post

Current ram freq is Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3200
New ram Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 32GB (16GB x 2) 3600MHz DDR4
Psu release date is June 2015
people have said the psu should be fine