[SOLVED] New system build for Video Editing and Photoshop

Jun 14, 2020
Hi Guys,
I am sorry, but I am so out of date with what is on the market now that I have no idea where to start so any advice would be gratefully received.
I am looking to build a new system for use with Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. I am not a gamer
Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as possible
Budget Range: £1500
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Video/Photo Editing, Internet, MS Office
Are you buying a monitor:
No
Parts to Upgrade: Everything from new
Do you need to buy OS: Yes - Windows 10 Pro 64
Preferred Website(s) for Parts:No preference, whatever is cheapest or you recommend
Parts Preferences: No preference - whatever is currently the best performance for my budget
Overclocking: Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: 2 monitors both 1920x1080
Additional Comments: Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My current PC is 6 years old and render times are very slow. Benchmark tests show that it is ok and everything is performing as well as can be expected and also that upgrading any of the main components isn't really worth it.

Thanks

Solution
D
You don't need much if you are not editing 4K RAW footage.
I am running Premiere Pro with 32GB of RAM and a standard 2GB DDR3 Video Card (that could be upgraded, sure) and a 4-yo i5 processor.
It really depends on what you need as speed and files requirements to be hanled by those programs as 1500 quids may be way too low or more than enough.

I suggest, based on average understanding, a 32Gb RAM setup, an i7 processor, and a 4GB DDR5 GPU. CPU choice accordingly. And obviously, SSD for OS (go for Samsung EVO 500GB or 250GB just for OS) and an external solution such as a NAS for file storage (over gigabit network obviously, for editing over LAN or you'd be suck waiting forever.
D

Deleted member 1272431

You don't need much if you are not editing 4K RAW footage.
I am running Premiere Pro with 32GB of RAM and a standard 2GB DDR3 Video Card (that could be upgraded, sure) and a 4-yo i5 processor.
It really depends on what you need as speed and files requirements to be hanled by those programs as 1500 quids may be way too low or more than enough.

I suggest, based on average understanding, a 32Gb RAM setup, an i7 processor, and a 4GB DDR5 GPU. CPU choice accordingly. And obviously, SSD for OS (go for Samsung EVO 500GB or 250GB just for OS) and an external solution such as a NAS for file storage (over gigabit network obviously, for editing over LAN or you'd be suck waiting forever.

Reactions: stuntmark
Solution