[SOLVED] New system does not work

1indydragon

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Ok I have a new system:
I7- 8700K
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE
G.SKILL DDR4 3200 8gig X 2
SAPHIRE NITRO FURY, new 1000 watt power supply, new case, new CPU cooler, basically whole new system.
When it powers on the CPU light comes on for a second then the Ram light comes on sometimes it stays on sometimes it flashes over to VGA. But I never get any video at all. I have removed all components except Hard drive, Video card, motherboard, Ram and Processor. I have moved the ram to various slots as described in my book and online. Nothing no video. I even put my old Gigabyte R9-280X video card in but nothing changed. I even removed the hard Drive. I dont have access to any other DDR4 Ram unless I go buy some more.
The light on the Fury card comes on like it's getting power. If I put a HDMI cable into the board HDMI connector I get flashing on the monitor the a dim screen with nothing on it. Oh I have tried two different monitors ACER and MSI neither changed anything. Need Help Thanks!!!

Solution
Well I took the system apart and got out my magnifying glasses (they are neat lots of magnification lenses and LED lights.) Then after looking I found 2 bent pins in the socket I got out my tiny tool kit for working on things like this and straightened the pins I'm a retired engineer. Everything works fine now and since I bought extra Ram today I now have 32gig in the system which won't hurt anything.

1indydragon

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Well I took the system apart and got out my magnifying glasses (they are neat lots of magnification lenses and LED lights.) Then after looking I found 2 bent pins in the socket I got out my tiny tool kit for working on things like this and straightened the pins I'm a retired engineer. Everything works fine now and since I bought extra Ram today I now have 32gig in the system which won't hurt anything.

Solution