Question New system will not POST

Dec 3, 2020
Hello I just received a computer I had purchased from Cyberpower the specs are: Asus x570 motherboard, amd 3800x, Radeon 6800 xt, 2x8 GB ddr4 sticks of memory, I have been messing around with this for a week now trying to get a display on the monitor, so far no luck. I have breadboarded the motherboard and tried to reseat the GPU and tried putting one stick of memory in at a time, I also tried clearing the CMOS by taking the battery out, I have tested the monitor on a laptop and the monitor works fine, I have checked all the connections and all of them are plugged in. Right now I am at a loss as far as what to do next and I am starting to think the GPU was DOA, any suggestions/help would be most welcomed. Thank you very much. I unfortunately do not have another GPU to test to see if it is indeed the GPU that is DOA, I just ordered a Nvidia GT 1030 to test out so I can see if it is in fact the GPU, it will be here on Sat.

If you just purchased that system from Cyberpower PC you should call them since you're still under warranty instead of trying to find the issue yourself let them do the job.

You paid for a system that should be working. I would have called them 5 minutes after seeing the system wasn't booting even If I know how to troubleshoot a PC.

Dec 3, 2020
I did exactly as you said and they told me to send the GPU back, I was trying to avoid this as the GPU is not in stock and they won't have more till Dec 30, so I wil be out of a gaming rig till atleast next year. At this point I am starting to believe the GPU is DOA and so I will be having to RMA the GPU, I tested 2 different motherboards and 2 different brands of RAM, and still the same problem, no display to the monitor. So looks like I will have to RMA the GPU and just wait till I get a new one.