[SOLVED] New system won't boot - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with Asus Prime B450M-A II

timboalogo

Commendable
Aug 26, 2021
Hi,

I assembled the above system yesterday and cannot get it to boot to the BIOS. From what I've read, the board and CPU are supposed to be compatible.

I have lights on the board, CPU fan a-spinning, keyboard light on but the monitor says NO SIGNAL. It's a 400W power supply ...

I've reseated the memory (G.SKILL RipjawsV Series 16GB(2x8GB)), hard drive and all cables that plug into the board.

Could I have bought something incompatible, or do you think I could have missed something simple?

Thanks for your time,
Timbo

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

I assembled the above system yesterday and cannot get it to boot to the BIOS. From what I've read, the board and CPU are supposed to be compatible.

I have lights on the board, CPU fan a-spinning, keyboard light on but the monitor says NO SIGNAL. It's a 400W power supply ...

I've reseated the memory (G.SKILL RipjawsV Series 16GB(2x8GB)), hard drive and all cables that plug into the board.

Could I have bought something incompatible, or do you think I could have missed something simple?

Thanks for your time,
Timbo
Do you have a graphics card? The 3700X CPU has no integrated graphics. If you have a monitor connected to the motherboard, it won't work.

TRENDING THREADS