[SOLVED] New System won't post

Got a new system with the following specs:
  • LIANLI LANCOOL II TG ATX RGB WHITE CASE
  • GIGABYTE B460 AORUS PRO AC ATX Motherboard
  • INTEL I3-10100 CPU
  • IPSG **1TB I PRO QLC NVME SSD
  • EVGA 650W BQ 80+B SM ATX PSU
  • CRUCIAL 16GB 8X2 D4 2666 CL16 B RAM
And it will not post at all. When I flip the switch on the PSU an LED light strip will flash for half a second then go out and that is it. Press the power button on the case and No fans, no noise, no nothing powers on.
  • The 24 (20+4) pin Mobo Power cable is secured
  • Triple verified the case connectors to the motherboard
  • The 4+4 motherboard power connectors are secured
  • The M2 SSD is secured in the top slot (this motherboard has 2 of them)
    • No other SSDs or harddrives are connected to the machine
  • The Ram is in the proper channels
    • Tried booting with only 1 stick and nothing
  • I hooked a PC speaker up to the motherboard headers and no beep or anything
  • I used EVGAs 24 pin testing tool and the PSU then powers up and powers the fans (so the PSU seems to be good)
This is the first time I have built a computer with an M2SSD. No other hard drives or SSDs are connected Is there anything I am missing? Been building PCs on and off for 20 years and have not had this much trouble before.

Perplexed as to what the issue is. See the illustration below. Any help would be appreciated. I appreciate all feedback and do select a best answer.

WB8I4ec.png

Last edited:
Solution
not all the time but generally yes when power on a system you generally need to push the power button. my pc's is odd if i have a ps/2 mouse or keyboard plugged in and flip the switch it will turn on it'self without ps/2 and just using usb it will not.
it's more likely to be a mobo problem if the psu is powering that and the mobo is giving no beep errors the bios isn't flashed right

johnsoner13

Respectable
And it will not post at all. When I flip the switch on the PSU an LED light strip will flash for half a second then go out and that is it. No fans, no noise, no nothing.
Youre aware that you have to press the power button on the chassis to turn on the PC and it doesn’t automatically boot when you only turn on the PSU? After 20 years of building you should know this?

Got a new system with the following specs:
  • LIANLI LANCOOL II TG ATX RGB WHITE CASE
  • GIGABYTE B460 AORUS PRO AC ATX Motherboard
  • INTEL I3-10100 CPU
  • IPSG **1TB I PRO QLC NVME SSD
  • EVGA 650W BQ 80+B SM ATX PSU
  • CRUCIAL 16GB 8X2 D4 2666 CL16 B RAM
And it will not post at all. When I flip the switch on the PSU an LED light strip will flash for half a second then go out and that is it. No fans, no noise, no nothing.
  • The 24 (20+4) pin Mobo Power cable is secured
  • Triple verified the case connectors to the motherboard
  • The 4+4 motherboard power connectors are secured
  • The M2 SSD is secured in the top slot (this motherboard has 2 of them)
    • No other SSDs or harddrives are connected to the machine
  • The Ram is in the proper channels
    • Tried booting with only 1 stick and nothing
  • I hooked a PC speaker up to the motherboard headers and no beep or anything
  • I used EVGAs 24 pin testing tool and the PSU then powers up and powers the fans (so the PSU seems to be good)
This is the first time I have built a computer with an M2SSD. No other hard drives or SSDs are connected Is there anything I am missing? Been building PCs on and off for 20 years and have not had this much trouble before.

Perplexed as to what the issue is. See the illustration below. Any help would be appreciated. I appreciate all feedback and do select a best answer.

WB8I4ec.png
Youre aware that you have to press the power button on the chassis to turn on the PC and it doesn’t automatically boot when you only turn on the PSU? After 20 years of building you should know this?
not all the time but generally yes when power on a system you generally need to push the power button. my pc's is odd if i have a ps/2 mouse or keyboard plugged in and flip the switch it will turn on it'self without ps/2 and just using usb it will not.

it's more likely to be a mobo problem if the psu is powering that and the mobo is giving no beep errors the bios isn't flashed right

Solution
Yes, I am aware of that. What I am saying when when I flip on the power to the PSU the light on the motherboard flashes.

But when press the power button on the case the motherboard and all of the other components are totally non-responsive.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
Try to reseat the cpu, make sure that you have plugged in the cpu 4 pins cable and not the vga, also double check the cpu cooler and fans connection as sometimes when the mobo doesn't detect the fans it won't post. You can also try without the nvme drive

Reactions: white.a.drew