New TI Chips Support Multi-Mode Wireless Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I want also my remote controller to be charged if I place it near the TV, also, my wireless mouse and keyboard if I place them near the computer.

InvalidError

Titan
A chip that processes wireless charging is a pretty different story from a CPU that processes user input an data.

Personally though, I would prefer to stick with the efficiency and simplicity of copper-on-copper connections. Just need to come up with more forgiving/abuse-tolerant connectors.

Such a connection can be as simple as putting one half of a pot-core on the power adapter (primary side winding and driving electronics) and embedding the other half in the device with control circuitry. The magnetic field between the two should be strong enough to line them up and hold them together once they are close enough.

awesome! I have wireless charging on my phone (Lumia 920 woot!), and it is something I would like to see in more devices. When I first got the phone I though it would be a gimmick, but when you get home and everything is dark, and your wife will kill you if you turn the light on, it is much nicer to just set the phone on a pad than to fish around for the cable and try 3-4 times to get it plugged in the right direction.

It would be really nice to see this as a standard feature on things like console controllers as well. Just set it down, and it takes care of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.