Question New TITAN X and mobo, PC get BSODs and quit games

BirdieBrain

Reputable
May 23, 2017
Hello,

I recently bought a new graphics card and a new mobo. After installing these, my PC get BSODs a few minutes into a game. It also freezes, quits the game randomly or just goes to black. I've searched all over to find a solution, but none so far. All drivers are up to date.

Specs:
GPU: Titan X Maxwell
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Am3+ ATX
CPU: AMD FX-8350
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

Note: The PC doesn't seem to have a problem with just browsers open. Just games.
I don't know very much about computers, so I don't really know what info to give. I'll would more than happy provide additional info if needed.

Last edited:

BirdieBrain

Reputable
May 23, 2017
Ok so do you have temp monitoring program for your cpu, or do you know the cpu temps while gaming? If not download cupid hwinfo https://www.cpuid.com/softwares.html and see if your cpu is overheating during gaming. With a strong gpu like that I would assume your cpu is working hard to keep up with the gpu.

Okay, so I tested with HWInfo. Here is the results

First image is when no programs are open (except the ones in the picture)
25i29sm.png

Second image is when Apex Legends is running on Low.
iyk0gz.png

Third image is when Metro Exodus is running on High.
5wm29w.png

Current BIOS version is 1703, so that needs updating. I will do that. Hope this info helps.

BirdieBrain

Reputable
May 23, 2017
The memory diagnostic program did not find any problems. The RAM was bought in January 2019. We checked each stick a week ago, all working. But now I have a new problem. Or not exactly new, but the problem has grown bigger. My PC gets BSOD or freezes a few minutes (or less) after booting. I almost can't even open a website before it freezes. The water cooler also makes a kind of fizzling sound randomly and in short bursts (yesterday it made this sound contantly for about 10 minutes before I shut the PC off) Could this have something to do with it?