New to building pc need advice on things.

azhiju

Honorable
Dec 21, 2018
I have the masterBox Q300L mATX Case and i have two issues i need help with.

1: the pre installed rear fan doesn't spin unless i spin it then it will spin. This is my first time using this case so i don't think the fan is broken but i do not know. Works fine just have to spin it to get it going. It's like it is stuck, when i turn on the pc i tries to spin but only movies like 1 inch then i have to spin it to get it going.

2: The motherboard i have is a temp motherboard from my other pc and it is a usb 2.0 mobo. The case has a 3.0, That being said i cannot plug the front cable into the slot is there any converter cable out there so i could plug it in?

3: The case is like any other i guess to where the power switch, reset button, and lighting cables are single pin and duo pin. 2X single pin 3x duo pin. My it took me forever to find out where to plug those into and the slots i can plug them into Is only 5 pins. When i go to plug the power switch and reset button and at lease 1 single pin led cable in it works but any "ANY" little tug on them movement anything will pop the cables out. The pc i took the motherboard out had all those connections into a single cord.. That being said i plan to get a new mobo but what is the connector called that i can plug all my power swtich,reset switch, and led lighting cables into? i seen a youtube video on it but i didn't understand what the connector was all the person said is "his mobo luckily came with a connector"

4: I have a gt 710 gpu, pretty decent but my only issue is it's a heatsink gpu.. This is my second one and same result. I have to keep the case open and have a mini fan pointing on it due to it being 65+c in league of legends just waiting in lobby.. And in game it would go to 80-85c, while playing bdo it would go to 95c and that is when i called it quits and opened up case to point mini fan on it. It keeps it under 46c while gaming and 33-31c doing anything else. is there any heatsink fans out there for a miniatx case? well if you look up the case i have you would see what i am talking about.

I know i have a awful things, but i plan to upgrade my mobo very very soon and my case maybe later it was free anyways. Thanks.

Since the case front panel connectors for power on, reset and HDDLED connections are not standardised between motherboards, the wires from the case are single instead of one, multif-pin connector. Since you have to manually start the fan spinning, I would consider it to be defective. I am not aware of any USB 2.0 to USB3.0 adapters.

azhiju

Honorable
Dec 21, 2018

Oh ok i see. How do i stop them from coming out so easily?

I hesitate to recommend anything here, as it is too easy to make the connector unusable. I would recommend taking it to someone who has experience working with those type of connectors.