New to me (used) build temps

marc017

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I just picked up a build from a friend and it seems like the temps are running too high at idle/browsing the web.

Typing this i'm getting 74,70,73,71

Specs:

MB Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC x58 LGA 1366

VGA EVGA 012-P3-1572-AR GTX570 R

CPU Intel Core I7 950 (4g button enabled)

MEM 8gb

1000W power supply

Running Windows 7.

It is in a NZXT Case

Cooling setup:
Top 200mm fan blowing out, back fan also blowing out, 2 fans on the front side that are blowing into the case. I have all the fans turned up.

I picked it up for a steal but any idea how to get these temps down?

Solution
Yes,

This is the second Gigabyte motherboard in as many days that I've seen in which the +12V rail is either mis-reporting or your power supply is failing.

Your +12V Rail is only reporting just under +5V. This will cause your +12V regulator(s) on your motherboard to heat up very quickly. It looks like your power supply is damaged.

I would also guess your CPU is either running too high of an overclock or is running hot because of the damaged +12V rail.

marc017

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Ahh stupid mistake, was confusing core temps with CPU temps...

But here's the SS, see anything i should be worried about?
http://imgur.com/7Q18uUE

Yes,

This is the second Gigabyte motherboard in as many days that I've seen in which the +12V rail is either mis-reporting or your power supply is failing.

Your +12V Rail is only reporting just under +5V. This will cause your +12V regulator(s) on your motherboard to heat up very quickly. It looks like your power supply is damaged.

I would also guess your CPU is either running too high of an overclock or is running hot because of the damaged +12V rail.

Solution